Aug 24, 2007

I love the fact that Camryn loves books. Reading is so important, especially for little ones, and Camryn loves nothing more than to curl up in your lap and listen to a book. So, today I am listing her favorite books at the moment. I’m always looking for new books to buy her, so leave a comment and give me suggestions for some good ones! I know I have plenty of mommies and teachers out there who read this blog, so let me know some of your favorites!

Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
This is the first book Camryn ever owned because Jason bought it the week we found out we were pregnant. It was one of his favorites when he was little, and now he reads it to her each night it’s his turn to put her to bed.

Elmo Loves You by Sarah Albee
The Elmo phase has not yet passed, so it is self-explanatory why this is one of her favorites. Although I get so tired of this book, I always get a kick out of reading it to her. At the end of the book it says, “Before Elmo ends his poem, Elmo wants to ask you this: Will be you Elmo’s valentine? Can Elmo have a kiss?” She knows it is coming, so she kisses almost every page as you read!

Lift and Learn Opposites by Lene Holmen
Very colorful and fun because it has flaps to lift. Camryn has memorized several of the words in this book, and it’s always funny to listen to her say the word before she even lifts the flap.

I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
Such a sweet book! You can get this one at Wal-Mart. “I love your happy side, your sad side, your silly side, your mad side. I love your fingers and toes, your ears and nose ....” She always grins really big when I read this to her because I love to exaggerate the emotions and point out each of the body parts as we read.

The ABC’s of Carolina (For Gamecocks of All Ages!) by Tonya Smith Atkins
At this point, Camryn just loves trying to find Cocky on each page. However, I know each time we read we are teaching her important life lessons (B is for Black and Garnet, W is for Williams-Brice Stadium) and values that will carry her far in life. :)

4 comments:

Adriennealine said...

Well, I have no kids, but I do have a nice collection of childrens' books (mainly for illustration purposes)...

so... May I suggest
"There's a Monster at the End of this Book: Starring Loavable, Furry Old Grover"

It was (and still is) one of my favorite childrens books. There's also a sequel titled "Another Monster at the End of This Book: Starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover, and Equally Lovable, Furry Little Elmo" so that would get Elmo into the mix. Ha ha!
Another favorite from an art standpoint is "Russell the Sheep" and "The Three Grumpies." Enjoy!

The Burleys said...

We have the Monster at the End of this Book. It was actually in the running for one of the top five, but she hasn't pulled it out in the last week, so it got Hononrable Mention! I'm writing the others down, though, so I can check into them! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

"Hooway for Wodney Wat" by Helen Lester and "Click Clack Moo" are two fun books :)

Annie said...

We have the ABC's of Clemson. V is for Victory of the Carolina Gamecocks. LOL I think the author actually went to Clemson.