Sep 26, 2010
Sep 23, 2010
Posted by The Burleys at 7:30 PM
Sep 19, 2010
Wednesday night Camryn learned a life lesson. Never touch a lightbulb to "see how it feels" when the lamp has been on for quite a while. Can you see the huge blister on her hand? There were two smaller ones that went along with that one that are harder to see in the picture.
Posted by The Burleys at 6:00 PM
Sep 16, 2010
Ella just happened to roll from her tummy to her back this morning when Jason and I were both home! I put her on her stomach for tummy time, looked away for one minute, turned around and she was on her back. She did it probably 7 times in a row ... and then refused to do it again for the rest of the day!
Posted by The Burleys at 7:20 PM
Sep 15, 2010
Sep 13, 2010
For my 31st birthday I ...
~ was woken up at 3:45 am by Ella, but I know it's just because she wanted to be the first to tell me Happy Birthday!
~ had a breakfast of orange juice, Botato Rounds, and Boberry Biscuits, which my husband brought home to me after taking Camryn to school
~ got lots of sweet birthday phone calls and texts from family and friends
~ wanted to spend hours and hours in my bedroom after my husband rearranged the furniture for me and put our new comforter on our bed
~ went to the pawn shop for the first time
~ had a Chick-fil-a cookies and cream milkshake
~ tried a new recipe for dinner (thanks, Sandra Lee!)
~ had birthday cake with Funfetti icing
~ and best of all, went with my big girl, mom, and sister ...
Posted by The Burleys at 8:00 AM
Sep 9, 2010
We were happy to have our friends, Jeff and Sarah Ellen, spend Labor Day weekend with us. To kick the weekend off, we met them Friday in Columbia to spend the afternoon at EdVenture and have a yummy dinner at California Dreaming. Here are some pictures from our fun afternoon.
Posted by The Burleys at 12:00 PM
Sep 4, 2010
1. Jason and I sat down to do our budget for the month of September and the "sticker shock" of daycare for two children almost killed us.
2. My baby goes to daycare in two short weeks and that is about to kill me, too. I don't remember feeling this way with Camryn. As a matter of fact, I think I was looking forward to going back to work when it was time with her. This time around, not so much. This is my baaaaaby!
3. Having a second child has completely humbled me. I used to be a fairly put together, with it kind of mama. I now live in a constant state of frazzeledness.
4. We started finishing our walk in storage space this week to turn it into a playroom for the girls. Thanks goodness - I'm so tired of all of the toys being stuffed into our guest room and Camryn's room!
5. Jason's sister introduced us to homemade pita chips and hummus. Yuuummm!! It is soooo good!
6. I go back to work in 3 short weeks. I know mommies do this all the time, but how in the world am I going to juggle everything?!?
7. We are well on our way to being about halfway done with our Christmas shopping!
8. The pacifier is my best friend and worst enemy.
9. I have a super special night planned with the three of the most special ladies in my life for my birthday. So excited! Spit spot!
10. I am not as good at couponing as I used to be! I just don't have the brain power to do it the right way (see #3!) Thanks to Southern Savers, I do pull together a Bi-Lo and Food Lion list each week and still have respectable trips to those stores, but CVS and Walgreens? Whew ... can't remember the last time I set foot in either of those places!
11. Every night when I'm rocking Ella, I'm reminded of what a privilege it is to be able to rock a sweet baby to sleep.
12. College football season is heeeeeeere!
Posted by The Burleys at 1:15 PM
Sep 3, 2010
Posted by The Burleys at 8:00 AM
Sep 2, 2010
Sep 1, 2010
Ella had her two month appointment last Friday. Dr Fine walked into the room and said, "Where did you get that baby?!" She sure has chunked up since our last appointment at 3 weeks. Ella is now 21 1/4 in. long (19 at birth) and weighs 11 lbs. 1 oz. (8 lbs., 3 oz. at birth). She is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 25th percentile for height. Poor thing - she's going to be short like her mommy and daddy! Developmentally she is right on schedule, and Dr. Fine thinks she's doing great. She's still waking up to eat once in the middle of the night but can make it a five to six hour stretch (from 8:30 pm until 1:30 or 2:30 am), and Dr. Fine was pleased with that (although Mommy will be more pleased when she learns to drop that bottle!). We also play the paci in, paci out game from about 5:30 am to 6 am every morning. I'm a pretty bad sport when it comes to playing that game. Otherwise, our little princess is doing beautifully and gets more and more cuddly every day!
Posted by The Burleys at 12:10 PM