Sep 4, 2010

Randomness

1. Jason and I sat down to do our budget for the month of September and the "sticker shock" of daycare for two children almost killed us.

2. My baby goes to daycare in two short weeks and that is about to kill me, too. I don't remember feeling this way with Camryn. As a matter of fact, I think I was looking forward to going back to work when it was time with her. This time around, not so much. This is my baaaaaby!

3. Having a second child has completely humbled me. I used to be a fairly put together, with it kind of mama. I now live in a constant state of frazzeledness.

4. We started finishing our walk in storage space this week to turn it into a playroom for the girls. Thanks goodness - I'm so tired of all of the toys being stuffed into our guest room and Camryn's room!

5. Jason's sister introduced us to homemade pita chips and hummus. Yuuummm!! It is soooo good!

6. I go back to work in 3 short weeks. I know mommies do this all the time, but how in the world am I going to juggle everything?!?

7. We are well on our way to being about halfway done with our Christmas shopping!

8. The pacifier is my best friend and worst enemy.

9. I have a super special night planned with the three of the most special ladies in my life for my birthday. So excited! Spit spot!

10. I am not as good at couponing as I used to be! I just don't have the brain power to do it the right way (see #3!) Thanks to Southern Savers, I do pull together a Bi-Lo and Food Lion list each week and still have respectable trips to those stores, but CVS and Walgreens? Whew ... can't remember the last time I set foot in either of those places!

11. Every night when I'm rocking Ella, I'm reminded of what a privilege it is to be able to rock a sweet baby to sleep.

12. College football season is heeeeeeere!

4 comments:

meetthesmiths said...

YAY! I'm special! :) Looking foward to Friday!! Love you!

w and js mommy said...

Yay for birthdays! Give your self some time and I promise your schedule will be come like an old habit. Its alot but you are a CHAMP!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too!! Haven't been with you for a while for your birthday! YAY...this will be fun!!
Love you...Mom

Danielle said...

Totally understand the daycare bill. Ours is more than our mortgage, CRAZY. At least it is only for 10 more months.