Aug 30, 2007

Brand Name Items

I read this post the other day and it made me start thinking. I try most of the time to buy the store brands. At Wal-Mart I get lots of things that are Great Value brand: condensed soups, shredded cheese, pasta, paper plates, sugar, canned fruit ... the list just goes on and on. And, I can buy almost anything that is Publix brand. Publix brand items are fabulous! You really can’t tell the difference between it and the brand name stuff. Except for the Publix brand Coke – that is like drinking liquid speed! I am almost convinced that was the cause of my insomnia spells I was having about a month ago. We had a package in our fridge around that time (it was the penny item that week at Publix – love, love, love the penny items!), and I really think that was doing it. Anyway, back to the point ... I have realized there are some things I just can’t buy unless they are brand name. For example, French fried onions. I have tried the Great Value brand a few times, and they are horrible! I’m also a brand-name diaper person. I think we tried the Wal-Mart brand once when Camryn was a baby, and I never went there again. And we also tried the Wal-Mart formula when Cam was a baby and Oooooo!!!! That was a bad choice. Some other things I only buy brand name: laundry detergent, Oil of Olay (the Wal-Mart version makes your face stink!!), toilet paper, ketchup (only Heinz, not even Hunts) ... and so many other things. What are the things you will only buy if they are brand name?

2 comments:

Adriennealine said...

My favorite four-letter-word "OREO!"

…and I'm partial to Cheez-its and Peter Pan Peanut Butter.

Michelle said...

Land-o-lakes butter
huggies diapers (we tried others and James was actually allergic!)
and Peanut butter-nothing but Jif here b/c "choosy moms choose Jif" :o)