Jul 25, 2007

Random Thoughts

This morning has been a "catching up morning" - I've caught up on some emails, picked up around the house, finished up the laundry, and caught up on Camryn's baby book. I realized the other day I had not updated it since before December (am I a bad mama or what?), so I took about an hour this morning and filled in all the information on her last few doctor visits, shots, Christmas, birthday, etc.

I've started to realize in the last few days that back to school is getting closer and closer. I don't think I've ever dreaded going back to work as much as I do this summer. I was talking to Jason the other night and told him I really think our family is much happier when I'm at home. I wasn't trying to make him feel guilty that I have to work, but I was just making an observation. I think I may feel that our family is happier because I am happier. In the mornings when Camryn is at daycare and Jason is at work, I have time to get things done like cleaning, laundry, meal prep, etc., so I can actually focus my attention and energy on them at night. When I'm working I feel so rushed and busy trying to get everything done in the evening that I just collpase at night and don't feel like I'm giving my best to my two best people! I also can't bear the thought of having less time with Camryn. She only goes to daycare Monday through Wednesday during the summer, so I have had so much fun having her home with me on Thursdays and Fridays. Last summer she was still so little, and we were having trouble because she was fighting naps and was always cranky. But, this summer has been completely different, and I'm going to miss my special extra time with her when I'm back at work. Oh well ... like I said, just random thoughts ...

Update on the potty - we bought Cam a little potty last night (cushioned seat and all!), and she has already gone 4 times here at home! Let me tell you, she is so proud of herself every time she goes! She looks up to see my reaction and then claps her hands and says "Yea!" I could post a picture, but I think you get the idea ...

By the way, take a minute to visit Beth's blog today. She has the most precious pictures of her little boy and Camryn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ~ I hope you got my message last night! I am really sorry about the bite! Anyways I completely know how you feel. I have been working on Jarod about me not having to work, but I know it's what I have to do!! Also, i wish we were having as much luck with Lani using the potty!!! She loves sitting on her potty, but nothing ever comes out!! It's funny too...when I change her diaper, sometimes she will go and put the dirty diaper in her little potty..well good luck with the potty..that just means your that much closer to saving money on not having to buy so many diapers!!!

Anonymous said...

So I got here through Beth's blog and I just want to say I think Camryn is one of the most precious girls I have EVER seen and your posts are so fun to read. They let me know what to look foward to in 10 months! Keep the posts and pictures coming!.
Rebecca (Beth's old neighbor)