Jul 14, 2007

A New Phase

Camryn is going through "a thing" right now where she can't get to sleep by herself. During this past week, whenever we put her down for a nap or to sleep at night, she's starting crying and screaming as soon as we leave the room. We have to make several trips back to stand by her crib and rub her back or just stand in the room until she falls asleep. She lays there and opens her eyes every so often just to make sure we're still there. It's like she's seriously terrified for us to leave her alone. She was up at 5:30 this morning crying because she couldn't get back to sleep. I spent 15 minutes inching my way out of her room until she dozed off. I know this is just a phase, and the developmental sheet from the doctor says "sleep disturbances" around this age, but I don't want to start any bad habits that we'll have to break (like she suddenly can't fall asleep unless we're in the room!) Sounds like I may already be there, huh? Any suggestions?

On another note ... took Camryn to the grocery store with me yesterday and realized halfway there that the Floppy was in Daddy's car. If you know me at all, you know how traumatic it was for me to have to put my baby in a shopping cart without the protection of the Floppy. I was especially horrified when she leaned forward and put her mouth on the handle of the cart. It just makes me cringe!

0 comments: