Jul 24, 2007

Potty Time!

A little while ago Christie (our daycare worker) called me and said, "Guess what your daughter just did." I'm thinking to myself oh great - did she throw up, hurt somebody? Christie said, "She just went pee pee on the potty!" I was so excited! Camryn has been interested in the potty for a while now. She asks to go but then just sits there and grins at me. It's like a game to her. Or, she will ask to go, do nothing, and 5 minutes later, she has a dirty diaper. Because interest in the potty is the first step, we have usually taken her whenever she asks to go even though we know she just wants to sit there. But, this is the first time she's actually done something! So, I guess we'll be making a trip to good 'ol Toys 'R Us to buy a potty! We'll definitely be taking it slow because she's still a little young for this (17 months this Saturday), but for right now, I'm one proud mama!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A SMART GIRL!!!!! You know that when she tells you and then has a dirty diaper later that is her body tellig her she has to go so that is better than good....that is GREAT!!!!!! BIG GIRL PANTIES here we come!!!!! Tell Burley how much you will save when she is out of diapers $$$$$$
PS Potty talk takes our friendship to the next level!