Jul 19, 2007

Am I That Old?

One of my best friends from high school emailed me over the weekend to tell me our 10 year high school reunion will take place in September. She said, "Can you believe it has been 10 years since we graduated high school?" My answer to that? Absolutely! Because Jason works closely with the youth at our church, we are constantly reminded we are no longer young or cool.

For example, last week we were at the mall and went into Aeropostale to look around. Two of the girls from the youth group were in the store and said to us with very surprised looks on their faces, "You shop here?" Instances like that coupled with comments about how "old" we are remind me it has, indeed, been 10 years since I graduated high school. (The youth are all great kids by the way!) Looking forward to it in September, though! Maybe we will all sit around and talk about how "old" we are!

By the way, Day 1 with the steriods went pretty smoothly - we're keeping our fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhhh HELLO my 15th is in November...so don't even talk about it

Adriennealine said...

Yeah, I realized we were that old a few years ago when my little brothers' friends started calling me "ma'am." They're only 3 years younger than me!

Ha ha!