Feb 25, 2008

So Proud of Myself!

About a month or so ago, my sister and I were looking for birthday invitations online for Camryn's birthday party. She found some really cute ones that I decided I just had to have. We're doing a Sesame Street theme, and these invitation had a picture of Elmo with a vellum overlay, tied at the top with a raffia ribbon. I was excited until I started calculating the price and realized it was going to cost $120 for 10 invitations (and I needed 17!). Now, I like to splurge every now and then, but I just couldn't justify that! So, after being bummed about it for a while, I decided to make my own!


I found a Sesame Street picture online and took it to the UPS store to have it nicely printed:



Then printed the invitation on the vellum on a home computer:




Then put them together with some colorful raffia I found at Hobby Lobby:

I thought they turned out looking great, and I was pretty proud of myself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The invitations are VERY cute!!! GOOD JOB!!

KLee said...

I saw the one at BC's. Way cute! How much did you save?

Anonymous said...

I loved the invitations! You did an awesome job on them! I'll have to step it up a notch this year. :)

Michelle said...

Those are AWESOME!!! I'm going to try that myself for James b-day!!!