I've seen this on a couple of blogs I read/lurk and decided I wanted to steal it to do myself. I know this shouldn't technically count as a Friday Five because there are six things, but just look at it as a Friday Five with a bonus!
The rules for this meme are:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
1) The most fun non-career job I ever had was the summer before graduate school that I worked at Chili's. I didn't even like Chili's at the time but applied because one of my friends and I were out summer job hunting, and she wanted to go there. That summer, I developed an appreciation for all things Chili's - chips and salsa, southwestern eggrolls, big mouth burgers, mushroom jack fajitas, etc. My friend ended up marrying our manager. So, I guess we both got something out of it in the end!
2) My retirement dream is to own a restaurant (preferably with my sister and brother-in-law ... don't think I've filled them in on that yet!). The menu will include all the great foods I remember my family making as I grew up. It will include my mom's spaghetti, my dad's pitas, my grandmother's vegetable soup, my chocolate cheesecake, and a few other great dishes I grew up with.
3) I can't keep my car clean to save my life. I don't have time to wash it at home, and I just don't think about taking it through the car wash. The outside of it usually just stays dirty. The inside isn't disgusting, but it's not clean either!
4) I hate change. I hate it so much! I worked in the admissions office a couple of hours each day while I was at Anderson College. We got a new secretary who came in and rearranged the front office. I pouted for a week because I really hate change that much. Don't even think about rearranging the furniture in my house!
5) My two stupid human tricks are that I snap with my thumb and second finger (instead of the middle finger), and I can regulate the pressure in my ears at will. You know that feeling you get in the mountains when your ears "pop" because of the pressure? Well, I can do that and fix it any time I want to.
6) I've never been to a water park. I don't really have any desire to. When I think about all of the things the kids are doing in that water, it just makes me want to take a shower.
Anyone who reads this and wants to do it, consider yourself tagged. Then we'll know all kinds of fun and frivolous things about you, too!
1 year ago