Feb 4, 2008

Our Weekend

Wow, we had a good weekend! Thursday night Jason and I started off with a date night while our awesome friends Sarah Ellen and Jeff stayed with Camryn for a couple of hours. We went to Outback (MMmmmm - Bloomin' Onion!) and then spent an hour or more walking around Target, enjoying shopping without a toddler. Camryn had just as much fun as we did because she loves SE and Jeff to pieces!

Friday night we ordered pizza and sat around in our hangin' out clothes. Saturday we did more of the same except I actually got some cleaning accomplished. Jason helped me out with some things, and our house is cleaner than it has been in a while. Always makes me feel good.

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! We had three other couples over and had a blast. There was lots of talking, lots of yelling, lots of eating, and lots of laughing until 1 AM!!!! Needless to say, I called in a little late to work this morning.

As I've said recently, I LOVE all of the things Camryn is saying right now. I'd love to follow her around with a tape recorder. Here are some of the funny things she said over the weekend:

- My dad gave her an art table for Christmas. Over the past month, she has started a messy pile of half scribbled on papers that Jason has been asking me to do something with for a few weeks. After I put Camryn to bed Saturday night, I just tossed them all. Sunday morning she sat down to color before church and said, "Where my papers?" I didn't answer her, so she put her hands on her hips and said, "Oh, man! I lost 'em!"

- Whenever I ask Camryn, "Do you love me?" she giggles and says, "No." I always put my hands over my eyes and say, "Oh, no! That makes Mommy cry." The other day I asked her if she loved me. She said with a very taunting sound in her voice, "No. Cry." (She's so evil!)

- Yesterday at church, they moved her up to the 2-year old Sunday school class. She told me on the way home she colored a picture of "Za-key-zus." I thought for a minute and said, "Zacheus?" She said, "Uh huh. He went up in the tree." (I know this is not funny, but I was just so proud of her for knowing that!)

- Saturday night I put her in her PJs and sent her to the den so I could go to the kitchen to get her medicine. I walked in and this was our conversation:

Camryn: "The TV scare me!"

Me: "What's wrong with the TV?"

Camryn: "It scare my eyes!"

0 comments: