Jan 16, 2008

Sickness

Poor Camryn. She just can't seem to go any stretch of time without this respiratory mess coming back. We were back at the doctor on Monday because she has been coughing so much lately. We're doing 5 medications again - a steroid (which made her so cranky yesterday!), an antibiotic because she also has an ear infection, 2 medicines during her breathing treatment, and a cough medicine for nighttime. If this keeps up, we'll have to visit an allergist to see if that's causing any of her problems. Unfortunately, I think she has just inherited my problems. I had bronchitis every year as a child and have allergies as well. She looks like me - guess she may as well have all my issues, too!

I have to say, I am loving my new doctor. I recently changed from the original one we chose because she is on an extended medical leave. That traumatized me because I LOVED her, and she caught on really quickly to what a crazy I can be because I worry about and diagnose my child with everything, and she would just laugh at me for it. Anyway, our new doctor is very efficient - we sat down in the waiting room, and I didn't even have time to finish combing Camryn's hair before we were called back. She literally had us in and out of there in about 20 minutes, and I had all my questions answered and felt like she spent enough time with us. Anyway ... hopefully Cam will start getting better so she's not sick again for her birthday like she was last year! That was really yucky!

3 comments:

KLee said...

Bummer she is so sick! We have been through that more than once! My doc says all the wheezing, etc. is viral. E gets a cold and within a couple of days she is coughing ALL the time! Same hacking cough. We now do the inhaled steroid all the time now to help prevent it from getting out of control when we do have a cold. I thought E's was allergies too, until I payed attention to the cold stuff...
Not that C and E are the same. I don't want to be one of "those" commentors who tells you want to do with your child! :)
Hope she gets all better quickly so she can be in tip top shape for her birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Well they are my february sweethearts! I hope they both are well for thier birthdays! MISS Beth loves you girls!

Michelle said...

Hey girl!! You're not alone...anytime James gets a cold we're to the Dr and on breathing treatments. I'm sure you probably own a nebulizer...welcome to the club! Hope she's better soon! We need to arrange sometime when our fams can get together...maybe a trip to commerce??