Jan 7, 2008

The Christmas Recap

So, yes, I am a slightly behind in getting our Christmas information posted, but here it is! Here are the details of our Christmas, in no particular order!

After the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad back injury (my mother-in-law, if no one else, will appreciate that!) I was a little worried about how our holidays would pan out. However, the medicine helped, using ice worked wonders, and having time to rest and relax was just what I needed. My husband was a CHAMP and never once complained about having to do everything because I could barely move!

Cheraw was our first stop for Christmas. Camryn had 14 presents to open at my mom's house, and she didn't know what to do with herself. She would open one and then say, "Gotta open 'nother one." Highlights from that trip: celebrating Aunt Lindsay's birthday, Camryn's first trip to see Santa (she cried when she thought we were going to make her sit in his lap - which we did NOT ... I hate it when parents do that! -, but otherwise, really enjoyed seeing him), my new, awesome Kate Landry pocketbook from my sister, Camryn's baby doll, her Elmo purse, and her new tricycle.

Next stop - Columbia. Camryn got to have Christmas with her cousin, Caleb, and they always have so much fun playing together! Plus, after two failed attempts, we finally got to take a family trip to see The Lights Before Christmas at Riverbanks Zoo. It was way crowded, but lots of fun! Jason took the Sunday before Christmas off, so it was nice to get to worship at his old church. We also were able to spend time with both sets of Jason's grandparents, which is always very special to us. Other highlights: Camryn's dollhouse from Grandma & Grandpa, Grandma's broccoli soup, Camryn's Elmo medical kit, meeting Jason's cousin's new daughter, Carolyn, and having almost all of the Burley side of the family under one roof for the first time in a while - although I spent most of that visit in pain because it was my first day without the painkillers. Ouch!

Christmas Eve we came home, and Camryn and I decorated Christmas cookies together. SO much fun!!! She loved shaking the sprinkles onto the cookies. I think that will be our new Christmas Eve tradition. We also went to the Christmas Eve service at our church and then came back home to watch White Christmas. I really meant to do a whole post about how special that movie is to me, but I just never got around to it. We watched White Christmas every Christmas Eve as a family when I was growing up. I have the sweetest memories of my family sitting around with the lights out, the Christmas tree lit, with a plate of Tollhouse cookies, and watching Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera Ellen sing and dance. A few years ago, I was walking through Belk's and heard White Christmas playing and got tears in my eyes. I thought I was a wacko until I called my sister to tell her I was tearing up just from hearing the song, and she said she does the same thing, too!

Christmas morning was a blast. Camryn got her new kitchen and food set from Santa and also got a few new books, puzzles, and DVD's. Jason got me a foot pleaser foot massager, and I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't used it! LOVE IT! The Burleys came by for a little while that day, and we all three enjoyed showing off our loot. My dad came to spend a few days with us on the 26th. Camryn was in love with the drawing table he gave her. She scribbled something on a piece of paper the other day, and showed Jason. He said, "Oh, that's great! Is that abstract art?" She said, "Mmm Hmmm. I go draw another ark."

So, now on to the pictures ...

Click to play Christmas+2007
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by <span class=Smilebox" src="http://www.smilebox.com/globalImages/blogInstructions/blogLogoSmilebox.gif" width=420>
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!

0 comments: