Nov 22, 2008

Saturday Randomness

1. Our past few Saturdays have been spent hanging out, watching football on two TV screens (thank you, Morrises, for your awesome media set up in the basement!), and just being lazy ... just the way I like it!

2. We went out on Friday to Buca di Beppo for Covenant's staff Christmas party. Early, I know, but everyone's schedules get so busy when December hits, we wanted to make sure we had a time when everyone could get together. Jason and I tried to listen to some Christmas music on the way there to get us in the mood, but it just didn't happen. We mostly ended up making fun of the music and the radio stations for playing it too early!

3. One thing we love about living here is all the great restaurants we have access to. I have a running list of new places I want us to try. Buca on Friday night was pretty good, but it's family style eating, and Jason and I had a hard time agreeing on something.

4. I never realized how much laundry my little family of three generates! Since I've been without a washer and dryer for the past 4 months, I've become painfully aware of just how many loads I have to wash each week!

5. We are getting closer to the completion of our house! So close, there is a closing date on the table! I hate to say exactly what that date is because I don't want to jinx it, but it is close ...

6 .... which means our friends from Anderson can start coming to visit soon! :) Have I mentioned lately how much we MISS everyone there?

7. We put together our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes tonight. This is one of the things I have the most fun shopping for during the Christmas season! I love it that Camryn is old enough to be involved now. I feel like we are teaching her so much about giving and blessing others just through a shoebox!

8. Does anybody out there have a vacuum cleaner that you are just in love with? When we move in, we getting a new vacuum cleaner. I'm so dissatisfied with the one I have now, and we are willing to invest and get a really good one. Any suggestions? The kind with a bag or without ... I don't care as long as it's good!!

9. If you are doing any online shopping this year, check out www.retailmenot.com before you make your purchase. This is a site that keeps up to date codes for discounts and specials. It's worth checking out just in case there's a recent code. I've saved a little money here and there making my online orders this year.

10. I would love to do some Black Friday shopping this year! I'd even be willing to do some of the shopping that starts at midnight! I don't know if it will happen because we will be with family Thursday and Friday, but if we were staying around here, I would sure make the trip up to Charlotte to join in the fun!

11. Which reminds me, I am so ready for Thanksgiving, family time, and some GREAT cooking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I miss you to and can't wait to see the finished house!!!

Amber said...

I know his hair is a little crazy..which is why i referenced him to Johnny Depp! :) I cant wait until your house is finished either! You know we all will definately be coming to visit!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your turkey day times! HAHAHA I'm always amused at the things that seem to follow you 2 around.

Adriennealine said...

Congrats on the house news! Cant's wait to see pics of your new abode! Awesomeness!

I have a vacuum that I love. It's a Kirby. On up there in price, but has been a very good machine for me for many many years. It has a bag, which I prefer, so when the bag is full I can throw it out and none of the dust, dander, or germs get back out into the air. It has an upholstery attachment that works wonders picking up Carver's white dog hairs off furniture. I haven't regretted purchasing this vacuum yet. The shampooer thing came with mine too, but I've only used it twice. It worked well.