Nov 2, 2008

Homecoming Weekend

We traveled to Anderson over the weekend to attend Homecoming at Anderson University. We really weren't sure how the weekend was going to turn out, but we ended up having a BLAST! We've never gone back to the college for homecoming before but decided to this year, because we were invited to be part of the AU Reunion Choir. Jason and I both sang in the college choir, and it was such a memorable part of our college experience. Although we were a little disappointed that few people our age participated, it was fun to sing with alumni who graduated from AU many years before us, as well as with some of the current students. It was also great to sing again under our former conductor, Dr. Williamson, and he chose some of the best music for us to sing. We did a lot of reminiscing, catching up with old friends, and remembering how important Anderson was to us. I think we have taken our experience there for granted, because we still lived in town and could visit the college any time we wanted to. Being away for the past few months has made us appreciate it more and made our weekend that much more special.


Although there are no pictures, we also spent our down time this past weekend with our friends the McConnells who were sweet enough to let us stay with them overnight. They had a busy weekend just like we did, so by the time we were all sitting around their house, there was no picture taking because we were all just tired! But, we got to be part of their weekly football get-together, which was a lot of fun. We played along and were Dawgs fans for a few hours! Camryn and her BFF Alyssa got to spend lots of time together and I got to hold Eli, so it was great to see everyone and just hang out!

Friday night Reunion Choir Dinner
Jason & Kalon, who is currently a music major at Anderson! Yay - we're so proud!
College sweethearts
Saturday morning rehearsal
Reunion Choir performance (check out the lady beside me!)
Camryn and Jessica
Camryn with Jeff and Sarah Ellen
Lunch on the front lawn
Daddy & his girl on the swings

Denmark Hall, where I lived

Rouse, where Jason lived

Our Alma Mater

Anderson University - Class of 2028

6 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so sad I didnt get to see you guys :( Hopefully next time!

Anonymous said...

How was the President's Slaw? I'm sorry, but that stuff tastes as bad as it looks, if you as me. I just don't get it. Ketchup and cabbage...together...no, those don't belong together! You all doing ok? I noticed you and Jason both coughing Wednesday at choir practice. Let me know if you need a house call...I know a good doctor that lives near-by and doesn't charge much! :)
Seriously, let me know if I can do anything for y'all.

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Glad that yall had a great time!!! I can't wait till this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I forgot something...Let's don't think about the class of 2028...it makes me tear up to think about Cam graduating college, high school, and even kindergarten!!! O my lands...I have to stop writting about this, I'm getting teary eyed!!! I love yall!!! (but when she does go to Anderson She can live with me!!!)

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or in the first "Saturday Morning Rehearsal" is everyone paying attention except me and Nathan Neighbors (who are intently watching the PowerPoint on the screen!)?!?!

The Burleys said...

I noticed that ... you and Nathan are totally not paying attention!