Nov 14, 2008

Five New Things I've Tried Recently

1) Arm & Hammer Complete Care Toothpaste
I really had to get used to the taste of this at first, because it's not the same as the minty toothpastes or gels. But, honestly, my teeth have never felt as clean as when I've used this toothpaste. I really like it.2. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo & Conditioner
I generally have pretty healthy hair. I think that is the reason I haven't really noticed dramatic results using this shampoo. I can use just about anything, and my hair comes out looking pretty good. So, for close to $11 for both shampoo and conditioner, I'll probably just stick with Suave.




3. Dark Chocolate Klondike Bars
Who would have ever thought they could improve on Klondike bars? But, someone genius decided to make them with dark chocolate and YUM!




4. Chex Mix Bars
These are pretty good. There are two kinds - Chocolate Chunk and Turtle - and I've only tried the Chocolate Chunk. They're not huge on taste, but there are also not many other things you can eat that give you real chunks of chocolate for 3 grams of fat and less than 150 calories!



5. Duncan Hines Whipping Frosting
YUCK! I made cupcakes the other day and bought this, forgetting I had tried it once before since it's so few and far between that I buy canned icing. I thought it was gross the first time and had the same experiences this time. I ended up throwing half of my cupcakes away. Don't believe the "Great New Taste!" lie on the side of the container!



4 comments:

Ansley said...

You should try the Turtle Chex Mix bars ~ They are great!!!

Kelly Perry said...

Whenever I use canned icing, I always add powdered sugar to it to thicken it up some. People always ask if it is homemade icing - it makes it so much better. So next time you could try that - it will probably help!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I agree with you on the chocolate chex mix bars... they are just plain nasty. Oh and whipped Icing? Yuck.
I Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of the chex mix bars. Tooooooo something..hmmmm maybe its the fact that is seems they are rolled in PURE SUGAR! BLAGH