1. I am SO ready for Christmas. No, I do not agree with all of the Christmas decorations that are already out and the Christmas music that is already playing on the radio stations, but I am very much anticipating the Christmas season. Camryn will be old enough this year to truly enjoy it, and I can't wait.
2. I bought brownies to make last Sunday night after church. As I pulled out the box, I realized I didn't have any eggs. So, the brownies were put on hold until I bought eggs Monday. Monday night I emptied the brownie package into a bowl, pulled out the oil, and Uh oh! Not enough oil. The package called for 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup oil. Well, I had 1/4 a cup of oil, so I thought, I'll just switch them - it can't be that bad. They were edible, but I wouldn't recommend it.
3. It seems everyone I know personally or know by association is pregnant with their second child, working on getting pregnant with their second child, or planning a child. Can I just say I'm sooooooooooo not there yet!
4. I started feeling panicked the other day because I realized I am only about halfway finished buying gifts for everyone for Christmas. Yes, I know other people have not even thought about buying the first Christmas gift yet, but it is causing me major strife to know I have not made more headway on my list.
5. I am homesick. I can't wait for Thanksgiving to get here so I can go home and be loved on by my mom, eat some of her good cooking, and just escape to good 'ol Cheraw for a few days.
6. Because Camryn has been sick, she has really needed her humidifier at night. While I was cleaning Wednesday, I dropped it on the floor. I didn't realize until I started filling it up for bedtime that night that I had cracked the tank and water was leaking out. Wednesday night was not a good night.
7. Everyone in my household was sick over the weekend. I think we are just passing this nasty cough thing back and forth to each other. Camryn spiked a random fever for no reason on Saturday night (101.6) but it didn't come back for the rest of the weekend - thank goodness. Her cough is getting better, if Mommy and Daddy could just shake it!
8.I seriously hate it when people criticize my husband and his ministry. If they have anything negative to say about what he is trying to do, they obviously don't know his heart and that his only desire is to help people worship!
9. Publix is seriously the most awesome grocery store. First, they have their "Mystery Item" each Sunday and Monday that you can buy for a penny if you spend $10. I have gotten paper towels, coffee, Halloween candy, milk, Publix soft drinks, and Hamburger Helper all for a penny! And on several occasions, they have given Camryn something fun while we waited in line. She's gotten a balloon and a ball during our most recent trips.
10. I took our dog, Gracie, for her annual check up last month, and the doctor put her on a diet. Now I measure her food each morning, and we have cut back on treats. She is not very happy about this. Every evening when I'm cleaning up the kitchen, she stands by her empty bowl and gives me this look:
I have tried to explain to her that she is on a diet to get her figure back, but that doesn't mean much to a dog. She just gives me a disgusted look and walks away.
11. I know saying this probably classifies me as one of "those" fans, but I can't stand to even watch the USC football games anymore. It is just too painful.
12. Camryn is going to spend this weekend with my sister in Charlotte. This is already causing me serious stress. What am I going to do without her for an entire weekend???