Nov 2, 2007

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been working my way through the Harry Potter series. I finished the final book last Saturday and have realized since that time I really need to get a life! This week's Friday Five is five evidences I need to get a new hobby!

1) Since last Saturday I have been in a state of mourning because I don't have any more Harry Potter books to read. I actually have free time on my hands again because I'm not spending every moment reading!

2) I have also spent the last week wrestling with my feelings over Snape. How do you undo six and three-fourths of a book of pure hatred with one chapter?

3) As I was reading the last few chapters of the 7th book, I was sitting in the den with Jason while he watched TV. Every time he would try to talk to me, I would shoot him dirty looks for interrupting me. He laughingly told me he felt like I was cheating on him with a 14 year old boy because I wasn't paying him any attention. I very matter-of-factly told him that because I was on the last book, Harry was now 17 and of age according to the wizarding world.

4) I was telling Jason about a friend who is unhappy with her job at the moment because of administrative changes. I told him it was similar to the Death Eaters infiltrating the ministry.

5) Jason was fussing at Gracie (our dog) for something I thought was unfair. I fussed at him and likened Gracie to a house elf who just wanted to serve her master and deserved respect. He looked at me like I had lost my mind and asked if I planned to join S.P.E.W. (he's read the books, too!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be one of your funniest posts ever! :) It seriously cracks me up because I know how it feels to get completely immersed in those books and then feel a sense of loss when the 7th is over. Don't feel bad...I was cheating on Justin with Harry for a while too! :)