Sep 28, 2007

Today's Friday Five was inspired by my good friend Amanda who will give birth to baby Ethan in December. When we had her baby shower a couple of weeks ago, she asked if I had any good advice for her. I thought it would be helpful to her to list the five baby products I couldn't have lived without when Camryn was a baby. If you have others to add, I'm sure Amanda would appreciate the suggestions!


1) Pampers Swaddlers Diapers

I haven't known a mom yet that didn't love these diapers for her newborn. I've found that lots of moms expand their options by the time their baby reaches size 2 and above, but for newborns this is an awesome diaper.


2) Huggies Disposable Washcloths

I got these as a shower gift and only started using them when I ran out of my Johnson's baby wash. I fell in love with them! They're so convenient and smell sooooo good!

3) Mylicon

When Camryn was crying, and we had tried everything under the sun to get her to stop, these were always a good thing to turn to. They really work!



4) Johnson's baby lotions

I still put lotion on Camryn almost every night before she goes to bed. It was always just a great way of soothing her, and any of these lotions smell so, very good.

5) Desitin


There's Balmex, there's Boudreaux's Butt Paste, and so many other brands. I've found Desitin to be my favorite. Camryn has never really had bad diaper rash issues but this does the trick when she has it. Moms differ on this one ... I think everyone has their favorite! I've also discovered Flander's Buttocks Ointment recently which is really good, too!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flanders stains!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO
GO Fight Win for Destin!

Anonymous said...

With a little boy, Petroleum Jelly is a must! Best in a tube to squirt out easily. He will need that for about the first 3 weeks if he is circumcised. Also...Babycenter.com is great! Register and they will send e-mails every week about your pregnancy and then after he's born as well! Babycenter.com was def. a must have for me and still is!