Sep 18, 2007

Poor Baby!

Yesterday after Camryn and I got home, she started whining and saying “change.” I wasn’t really sure what she was talking about … Change her clothes? Change her diaper? I asked her if she wanted her diaper changed, and she said yes. So, I put her on the changing table, and she started crying. I had no idea what was wrong with her until I took her diaper off and saw the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. She even had a couple of open sores on her bottom. I was livid because she had no signs of that whatsoever when I sent her to daycare yesterday. I called Jason in to look at it, and he wanted me to call her daycare and complain. After I calmed down and got her to quit crying, I started thinking about it. Even if they had not changed her diaper all day long, she wouldn’t have looked like that. I looked at her “Cuddle Gram” that tells us how long she napped, how many times her diaper was changed, what she ate for snack, etc., and saw that her diaper had been changed 4 times that day. Eventually, we saw there was sand all over her changing table and started to realize what was happening. When they have recess at daycare, Camryn heads straight for the sandbox. She loves playing in it and usually comes home with sand in her hair and shoes. She must have gotten sand in her diaper while she was in the sandbox and it caused the rash. I feel so sorry for her. She is really pitiful! I must have gone through a whole tube of butt paste last night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a FLASH BACK!!! William used to do that too.....I used Aquaphor...A little more expensive...but it works great especially right after the tubby...it is great all night! Sorry to hear that...

Michelle said...

Your blog is so cute! We have one now too! It's at newsomenotes.blogspot.com
Thanks so much for the gift! The outfit is so cute! Love you guys!

~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh , did I do this right?

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I would have freaked out! Hope she's better..she's so cute. She pointed at Troy at church last sunday and said his name! Couldn't believe she remembered it! Oh, check out our myspace www.myspace.com/jbrucke...There are some cute pics of Troy! Have a great day! ~Kenya