Apr 1, 2009

More Great Savings


I know I am boring some of you to tears with my coupon stories. But, I had to share my latest money saving venture. On Tuesdays, the grocery store ads come in our mail. So, last night, while Jason and I watched TV, I sat down with the ads and my coupons. I found out Bi-Lo doubles coupons (up to $0.99) any time you use your Bi-Lo card, so I did some strategic planning, and here's what I got. By the way, everything I bought is something that is currently in our pantry, so these are things we would buy anyway that I happened to get a great deal on by putting a little time into checking the ads and coupons!


Nature's Valley Granola Bars
On sale 2/$5.00
Used 2 $0.60 coupons which both DOUBLED (actually, it wasn't supposed to b/c the coupon plainly said "Do Not Double" but the computer did it anyway ... noticed this when I got to the car)
$1.30 each after coupon


Crystal Light On the Go Drink Mix-In
On sale Buy 1 Get One Free
Used 2 Buy 2 Get One Free coupons
6 boxes for $1.20 each after coupon


Barilla Whole Grain Pasta
On sale 10/$10
Bought 2 boxes at $1 each
Used 2 $0.50 off coupons which both DOUBLED
Final Cost: 2 boxes for FREE

Barilla Pasta Sauce
On sale 2/$4
Used 2 $0.55 off coupons which both DOUBLED
$0.90 each after coupon


Subtotal before coupons and store special savings: $35.98
Total Savings: $24.44
Total (with tax) After Savings: $11.72


That's a savings of almost 70%!

I also went to Wal-Mart and used the 2 $1.50 off coupons I had for Kraft Salad Dressing and walked out with two bottles for $0.19. The sad thing was I did the self check-out thing because the line was so much shorter, so I didn't even get to impress the cashier!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm not at all bored by your coupon posts!! I love to hear about people saving money. I actually have pics stored in my computer of scores I got at the grocery store....maybe it's time to pull them out ;o)

Ansley said...

I love your coupon stories...You have opened my eyes about saving money. I think it is exciting that you FREE Pasta!!!

Nichole Devescovi said...

Great job! Where did you get the crystal light coupons? I love that stuff! It's the only way I drink water!

The Cassidys said...

awesome! did you get the barilla coupons from this past week? i'll have to score on those deals. i need to stock up on sauce anyways!

Mary Ann said...

And I thought I was queen of the savings! Good job Heather!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

This is so exciting!

Rebecca said...

You go girl!!! Side note- LOVE the kitchen counters and back splash!!!!