Apr 25, 2009

Long Week

It's been a long week. It seems as if there was always something going on, one more place we had to be, one more thing on our list, another morning we had to wake up early, another night we went to bed too late trying to accomplish everything ... so, it's been slow around here in terms of fun and frivolity. Therefore, not much to blog about. So, here are just some totally and completely random things I am throwing out there.

~I have no idea why I am even telling you this because now I will have more competition on Thursday nights, but Old Navy does a weekly "Hunting for Coupons" site where you click around for hidden coupons. There are several high value coupons including $75 off of a $100 purchase. Week before last, I got a 50% off your entire purchase coupon, so Jason and I did a little Old Navy splurging last week. This week, I knew where the $75 off of $100 coupon was, I just wasn't fast enough to catch it! (That's all I'm saying about that! You'll have to go to the site next Thursday and figure out how to catch the good deals yourself!)

~For Earth Day, Walgreen's had a free reusable shopping bag coupon. I really have not gotten into the whole going green craze, but I am all about reusable shopping bags for some reason! I think they are great! I've gotten them from Walgreen's and Old Navy so far. But, here's my question - what is the proper reusable shopping bag etiquette? For example, can I take my Old Navy bag to Bi-Lo, or should I really buy a Bi-Lo bag for those trips? I don't want to end up with an army of reusable shopping bags for every store where I shop!

~The psychologists in the district where I work helped out with Special Track and Field Day on Friday. While I loved watching the kids have a great time, me, the sun, a football field, a school bus yellow t-shirt (or a t-shirt period!), tennis shoes, and anything with the words "track" and "field" just don't mix!

~Anyone who works in a school district knows the end of the year is hectic. No exception this year. I have so much testing and paperwork plus so many meetings before the end of the month it makes my head hurt to think about it all.

~Don't you love it when God gives you a big ol' slap upside the head? We had Operation In-As-Much this morning at our church. This is a church wide project focused on community missions and service. Our family decided to work with the youth and do a food truck where we gave out food to people in the community. I did. not. want. to. do. it. Did not. I'd had a long week, was tired, and didn't feel like being at church by 8 am on a Saturday morning. Plus, Jason ended up having to attend a funeral and couldn't be with us, so I especially didn't want to go without him. But, I took Camryn and went anyway. Can I just tell you how humbled I was watching my little three year old put bags of food in the back of people's cars? How can you keep a bad attitude when she asks why we are doing this and you are explaining it is because God has blessed our family with so much, and we want to show His love to others and meet their needs? "In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me." Matthew 25:40

~ OK, I'm wasting time when I could be getting a million things done, so I will leave you with this, which I thought was hilarious. Jason thinks I'm crazy for thinking it was so funny. Last week I made a random trip to Taco Bell. I asked for hot sauce, and you know how they have those crazy sayings on the sauce packets? Well, apparently I dropped one on the floorboard of my car, because a few days later I dropped my keys, bent down to pick them up, and picked up a sauce packet with them. I looked at it and the saying was, "Ahhhh ... so we meet again!" Ok, typing it out makes it seem not so funny anymore, but I found it quite humorous that the sauce packet was talking to me that day. Oh well. See?? It's been a long week.

6 comments:

atl cavins said...

i also think the sauce packet story is funny! i laughed out loud :-)

Anonymous said...

The sauce packet story was one of the few times I've laughrd today! Thanks for that!

Mom B

Anonymous said...

"laughed" (It's been that kind of day)

w and js mommy said...

HAHAHAHAHA

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Love the sauce packet story. I feel your pain with the end-o'-the-year stuff. It sounds like we had similar weeks. I went to bed anywhere from 30 to 1 hour after my bed time every night! Not fun!

Nichole Devescovi said...

That was funny!
Also...love the story with Camryn. My children humble me often.