Mar 25, 2009

Have You Ever ... (AKA My Week Thus Far)

Have you ever dreaded everything about your week? From meetings to certain responsibilities/tasks, I haven't looked forward to a single thing this week.

Have you ever wanted the weekend to get here so badly because a certain set of friends are coming into town, and you are crazy excited to spend time with them?

Have you ever wondered what you'll be when you really grow up? Sometimes I wonder if psychology is going to be it.

Have you ever been excited about a new recipe only to make it and realize you could only eat a few bites of it, because you were totally unimpressed and then had to throw out 3/4 of it because nobody was going to touch it again? Pizza stuffed meatloaf. Sounds so promising, but really ... not a good idea.

Have you ever thrown away your pizza stuffed meatloaf and wished you would have stuck with your old faithful meatloaf recipe all along?

Have you ever stayed up way too late watching reruns of The Office with your husband, thus making you extra tired in the morning, thus making the dreaded things you had to do that day look that much worse?

Have you ever overanalyzed someone's tone of voice or the tone of their email and wondered if they were mad, aggravated, or indifferent toward you, when it's probably just all in your head?

Have you ever lost your patience trying to teach your child something new, thus reminding yourself for the billionth time you could never homeschool?

Have you ever celebrated each time the clock ticks off another hour because that makes it one hour closer to Spring Break?

Have you ever wished summer vacation was already here when Spring Break hasn't even gotten here yet?

Have you ever gotten tired of listening to your same old radio station, thus turning it over to the county station for the ride home, thus making you feel extra sassy for the rest of the day?

Have you ever wondered how many people are aggravated with you by this point for your overuse of the word thus?

Have you ever been completely disgusted by another woman's un-femininity and wondered how the opposite sex still finds her attractive?

Have you ever gotten ill with Blogger because it doesn't always update when someone last posted, and you only find out when you finally go to their blog and realize they've posted 4 times since Blogger last updated?

Have you ever been really bummed because all you needed was a Coke to get you through the rest of the day, and the only drink machine in the building is Pepsi?

Have you ever sent emails or texts to the wrong person? Happened to me twice in the past week. Glad I didn't say anything bad about them!

Have you ever almost gagged at the smell of the cafeteria food in an elementary school?

Have you ever felt incredibly uneasy when the principal announces over the intercom the school is on lockdown? First time I've ever had to experience that. Not fun when you're in the back of the building and have no clue what is going on.

Have you ever had a pile of laundry sit for days on end waiting to be folded, and you really have no intention of getting to it any time soon?

Have you ever sat staring at the computer for 10 minutes, trying to think of a way to end your post AND use the word thus one more time?

6 comments:

atl cavins said...

i have a migraine right now, which means not a whole lot of things are going to be successful at making me smile...until this post! i love it :-)

Mary Ann said...

To some and even alot of your have you ever's, I've been there!=0)

meetthesmiths said...

I think I had one of those weeks last week (other than my wonderful day off on Thursday). I completely understand what you're talking about. My only thing I would add to that is:

Have you ever had a bad day, simply because the weather outside is awful and all you want is to be able to see a hint of sun??

Nichole Devescovi said...

I have been there for a lot of your have you evers... Have a blast with your friends this weekend...only 2 days away!

Michelle said...

I have definitely been there for the homeschool thing...James has made it pretty clear at 3 (almost 4) that I could never teach him! Just for an example, whenever I ask him his shapes he just says "I don't know", but when the Dr asked him his shapes at his 3 year check-up last May he was able to name EVERY single one without even a hint!! I'm really thinking he just tells me he doesn't know so I'll get frustrated and give up!

And the laundry thing!! I have socks in my bedroom that have been sitting there for 3 days, and I still don't feel like putting them together today!!

Thank you for your sweet comments about Samantha. We'd love to see you guys sometime...if you ever want to come to Atl, you've got a place to stay!

Anonymous said...

I love your list. I think I've felt them all. However, if Melissa or Amy told me they'd experienced all these in the same week, I'd HAVE to ask them if they were pregnant. Things will look brighter in a week or so...or in a number of months or so.:)
Carol Sease (Melissa Hooker's mom)