Mar 14, 2009

Answers To Your Questions!

Here are the answers to the questions that were asked about me:

1) What is your favorite thing about being a mommy?


I would have to say my favorite thing is just how much fun I have with Camryn. I always knew I would enjoy my child, but I never expected how much I would love the conversations we have, the new things she would surprise me with each day, and how downright funny she is. She is really just a fun kid to be around.




2) What is your favorite vacation spot as a family?


Our favorite spot is Oak Island, NC. You can read about our vacation there last year here and here. It is just this quiet little beach where the only thing we have to do is be together and enjoy each other. It is so relaxing, a great place with lots of neat little shops, local restaurants, and places to explore. We love our time there and how removed we feel from reality when we get to go. Now, we also have a family trip to Disney World coming up this summer, so ask me this question again in about 5 months, and I may have a different answer for you!





3) What are you most proud of about yourself?

This was the hardest one for me to answer! I guess the thing I am most proud of is my cooking ability. I love to get in the kitchen and make great-tasting things. I love to cook for other people, and I love making them happy with yummy food. I am not an all-star chef by any means, (I still have plenty of kitchen snafus!) but it is a skill I have that I feel like I am pretty good at.



4) What is your favorite feature on yourself? Jason? Camryn?


My favorite feature is my crooked smile, although I think I've outgrown it a bit as I've gotten older. It's really only crooked now when I smile really big. My mom used to tell me, "God gave special smiles to special little girls" so that always made me like my smile.


My favorite feature on Jason is his eyes. I've always loved the shape of them. I think they're hot.


My favorite feature on Camryn is her precious smile. But, you gotta love those chubby little cheeks, too!


5) What is your favorite thing to do by yourself?

Just enjoy the silence. Any time I am in my car alone or at home alone, I love to have silence. Jason likes having the TV on even if he's not watching, and Camryn is a talker, so there is always background noise when I am with the two of them. And that's fine, because I love being with them. But, when I have the chance to be alone, I love having quiet moments to just think, to accomplish chores or other things that need to be done, or just waste time doing things I want to do (that don't involve the TV!). When I have the chance, I also love to shop by myself. When I get to shop by myself, I never have to worry about someone getting bored when I spend hours on end shopping for kid clothes, I actually have time to look for things for myself and try things on without having to rush, and I can walk around in circles without someone having to follow around behind me (Jason gets annoyed with me when we shop because he says I walk in circles around the same things over and over!)


6) How did you pick Camryn's first and middle names?

When Jason and I were dating and all googly-eyed and sappy in love, we used to talk about when we would get married and have lots of babies. Come on ... you know you did it, too. So, we always said from the time we dated in college, if we ever had a little girl we would name her Camryn. Her middle name, Olivia, was just a name we liked. We're really picky about names, and we have a hard time agreeing on them. The only two names we had on the table after we found out we were having a girl were Camryn Olivia and Camryn Merritt. Olivia just because we liked it, and Merritt because we wanted something to represent our time at Anderson College where we met. (The administration building on campus is Merritt Administration Building for all you non-AC people out there.) Jason actually made the final decision on the middle name. I left it up to him, because I could have gone either way. In the end, Camryn Olivia just flowed a little better.


7) When did you know that Jason was going to be the person you married?

Probably right about the time we started dating. It took us a while to get to the dating point, because I was already dating another guy I was pretty serious about. So, if I was going to break things off with that guy, it was going to be for a really good reason. I plan to do a bigger post on "our story" in a few weeks. We have a milestone date coming up.



8) Do you think you will have any more kids? If so, how many kids do you want?

I knew somebody was going to ask this question! I just assumed it would be Beth or Kelli! I know there are plenty of you out there not-so-patiently-waiting on Burley Baby Number Two. Unfortunately, I do not have anything to report at this time. Here's the thing - having more children is definitely a door that is still open for us. However, we really aren't sure right now how many children that will be, when that will happen, or how our future family will even be formed. At this point, we are honestly just waiting on God's direction, and most importantly, His timing. But, don't worry - you will all be the first to know when there's news to report. How's that for a vague, non-committal answer!


Thanks to all you ladies who participated and asked such great questions! This was fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the night when Burley told us he knew he wanted to marry you and how much he loved you..I felt like I was at a counseling session at the Waffle House! Good thing that was not the night I spilled my coke all over him!
I think I am being pretty patient on baby #2! I mean look at Camryn how sweet she is...you can do that again!
I love you very much!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for answering my question! Sorry it had to be me, but since I am just getting to know you I had to ask =0) I enjoyed reading all your answers. Thanks for doing this for me!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I did not know that you loved your crooked smile...I personally like it too.
I was in the marriage counseling session at Waffle House, but I am so glad that you married Jason. I have good memories with each of you and with you together.
I cannot wait for Disney World!