Mar 17, 2009

Blogging

What has happened to the blogging world out there? Nobody's blogging anymore, nobody's commenting anymore ... is anyone still reading anymore? I used to look at my blog list and see several people who had updated within the last few hours. Now, as the days drag by, I'm seeing weeks and months before the next update occurs. People, do you not know I check your blog every day? Lame, I know, but really - I love reading what's going on with your lives. Seriously, I'm even addicted to the lives of some total strangers out there. And, believe it or not, I learn things from you. Some of you are not just entertaining, but you are incredibly insightful, and I love how you make me think about things. I don't have anything to think about when you don't update for weeks on end! Even the people I would call "professional bloggers" - you know, those people who get thousands of hits and hundreds of comments each day - are not blogging as much as they used to. They're "taking breaks" or "giving attention to more important things." Oh, blah, blah, blah ... what's more important than keeping your adoring blog readers happy and satisfied? Your kids? P'shaw! (In case you didn't realize it, you're supposed to "get" the sarcasm there!)

Is Facebook doing this to everybody? I know it's much easier to quickly check everyone's Facebook status or glance at their recent pictures instead of sitting down and actually putting some thought and creativity into a blog. And, although I haven't done it, it's GOT to be easier to put your pictures on Facebook than here on Blogger. An advanced trigonometry test is easier than that. I understand the attraction, because I do like to periodically lurk around on my husband's account just to see what you all are doing/thinking/tired of/hating/loving/etc. at any given moment of the day. But, at this point, I'm still sticking to my guns and not joining the Facebook world. I have my reasons, and the biggest is I just don't wanna. So, here's my plea: Comment every once in a while so I know you're still there. Post a picture or two on your blog so I know what you, your hubby, your kids, your dog, cat, fish are up to. Tell me what's been going on in your life. I miss you.

13 comments:

meetthesmiths said...

I swear I'm still blogging - I just don't have THAT much to talk about right now! I need to use my camera more....

The Cassidys said...

awww you make me feel bad! i've been trying to blog but am so tired at the end of the day. i do have a rather cute video i will hopefully be posting tonight so you'll get caught up on our little man.

Nichole Devescovi said...

I have had writer's block lately...and we have been sick for the last oh, FOREVER, so haven't felt like doing anything, but I'm still here and reading yours.

atl cavins said...

hey heather! i love this post. there are times that i think i am posting too much :-) but i am right there with you in regards to facebook. don't have it...don't want it!

atl cavins said...

by the way, i ALWAYS read your blog :-)

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I'm Still commenting i jusst have had so much homework that i haven't had a chance to check everyones blog. I Love you !!!

KLee said...

I am slowly but surely catching up to the current day. I am only about 3 weeks behind now. Oops. Life did get in the way and I didn't think anyone was reading. No one comments on my blog either. I figured it was because I was boring. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh this coming from the ANTI-blogger of only a short year or 2 ago??? {wink} JUST JOIN Facebook..you don't have to accept people that are sketchy or weird or from your sorted past! :) hahaha I'm going to bother you about it till you do it! Still can't beleive Jenn Q has one and all of your family...next thing you know Victor and Joan will get one...then you will really feel left out! hahahaha I'm going to stalk you

Mary Ann said...

I try to update as much as I can. I have been soooo busy lately I have not had time to read anyone's blog. Sorry! But I am all caught up with yours now. I need your e-mail add. Can you send me an email at karlton5@juno.com . Also, I will not make it to Bible S. tonight. I have a horrible ear ache. I have never had an ear infection in my life but think this might be one. Ouch! Please let them know for me. Thanks!

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

I am proud of you for sticking to your guns about facebook!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes yes. Hi! I am Jarod Allen, husband of a blogger, and I am also addicted to reading blogs. Even though I do not blog my wife blogs and I have come to like it. Read her latest NKOTB blog.

Anonymous said...

Jarod, I hear ya! My wife has gotten me hooked as well. We need to get started with our support group "Husbands of Bloggers" and help all those other guys out there! Allen got hooked so bad that he started his own blog - we have to intervene before more guys start! hahaha
Jason

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Jarod-you are too funny. H-I am sorry that I let you down, bud. I am going to try to do better. I posted twice today to make up for it.