Jan 24, 2009

Suggestions?


These are the windows in our kitchen. We really can't decide what to do with them. We could put up blinds and hang a simple valance, but we were thinking we'd like to do something a little more creative with them. We thought about Roman shades. Any opinions on that? I wasn't sure if that would look too out of date. If we do Roman shades, do we hang one large one in each window or two smaller ones in each one? I even thought about a cornice, but that would probably look really outdated! If the blinds and valance are the best way to go, we'll do that. We just want it to look nice in the end! Any suggestions???

3 comments:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I am a big roman shade fan personally. I do not know window treatement names, but what about one of those curtains that hangs down straight and has a string in front and back of the curtain to tie it up. It kind of bustles (sp?) when you tie it.

meetthesmiths said...

I like Roman shades - OR, this may be a little more expensive, but plantation shutters would be really pretty as well.

Mary Ann said...

JC Penney's makes all kinds of nice roman shades, I have puffy white roman shades on my French doors and I like them. If you are putting up blinds on the rest of your windows then I would put them up there too. I love the wide wooden blinds, maybe with a valance.