Jan 29, 2009

Potty Update

I am a little scared to actually announce this for fear that it might suddenly stop. So, as I am typing this, I am crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, crossing my eyes, doing a little jig, or any of those other silly things you're supposed to do for good luck. Here it is - with much pomp and circumstance, I am very proud to announce that it appears my daughter is now potty trained.


Here's the story of how this all came about. Two weeks ago, we were ready to string Camryn up by her toes. We had been working with her so diligently and finally reached our breaking point the day she stood beside Jason as he was talking with her teacher on the way home from school and wet through her pants and then went to church that same night and wet through her pants in the nursery. When we got home, we gave another long, impassioned speech about being a big girl but decided we were giving up the fight for now. We were putting her back in diapers and letting her decide when it was time. Two days later, without any prompting from us, she was asking to go to the potty on a regular basis, and we have been diaper-free and pull-up-free (except during sleep times) ever since. She is a stinker, but I am VERY proud of my little stinker. And, she is very proud - in fact, she will approach anyone who is willing to listen and let them know she has been dry for several days now. So, we are crossing our fingers that this lasts ... and rejoicing that our checkbook will now look a little better since diapers will no longer be on our shopping list.

To celebrate our little victory, Camryn donated the last of her diapers to Aunt Lindsay's baby. It will be a little while before Baby Smith is wearing those big, honkin' size 5's, but it's the thought that counts!



5 comments:

meetthesmiths said...

YAY Camryn!!! Thank you, again, for the diapers!! :) You're a big girl now and you don't need them anymore - make your mommy go out and buy you lots of pretty princess panties! :)

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

How sweet! Is this another one of those days that will live in infamy?? Did I even spell that correctly?

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I'M GETTING SO OLD!!! My baby is growning up on me!!! I remember when she was born and when I had to take her to the potty and the fist time I kept here and the days at the pool AND NOW SHE'S POTTY TRIANED!!! I don't know what I'm going to do!!! I'm tearing up just thinking about her growning up!!! All I can say is way to go Cam!!! I am so very proud!!!

The McConnell Clan said...

Whoo whoo!!!! Good job! I was going to tell you the other day that Kelly M was having the same problem with Tyler, but all of the sudden something just clicked and overnight he was in big boy underwear! I am so happy for you. I already warned Allen that when it was Eli's turn that was all him! I want nothing to do with potty training a little boy!!!Yikes!!! Love ya Cam!!

The McConnell Clan said...

Whoo whoo!!!! Good job! I was going to tell you the other day that Kelly M was having the same problem with Tyler, but all of the sudden something just clicked and overnight he was in big boy underwear! I am so happy for you. I already warned Allen that when it was Eli's turn that was all him! I want nothing to do with potty training a little boy!!!Yikes!!! Love ya Cam!!