Jan 9, 2009


Five things I know you are dying to know about my week!

1. Going back to work this week was hard. I was tired all week and grouchy because half of the people I work with still apparently thought they were on vacation. The highlight of my week, though, was when I walked out of the office at my high school to go down the hallway and passed Coach Spurrier! He smiled and waved at me (probably because I was staring!). I've told everyone I was so excited I felt like a 14 year old who spotted a Jonas Brother!

2. Jason and I really try not to get involved in too many TV shows. We just don't have time to get addicted (although we are raging Chuck-aholics!). For some reason, the Biggest Loser was on our TV the other night, and we just could not stop watching. It started out with me sitting on the arm of the couch just watching for a minute on my way to the kitchen to get a Coke (yeah, right, like you're gonna drink a can full of everything bad for you while watching that show!) and by the end, we were both glued to the TV and fussing at the show for sending 9 people home so early!


3. I finally sat down and watched High School Musical (yes, the first one) for the first time yesterday. All you groupies out there, please don't kill me for saying this, but ..... it was just OK. I mean, cute and a way to kill an hour and half, but I won't be sitting down to watch it over and over. Now, I do have a new found love .... I mean respect :) for Zac Efron, but other than that, I wasn't sucked in.


4. Potty training. I loathe those two words right now. My child must be the only almost 3 year old out there that isn't trained (oh, hush, I know that's not true .... just let me wallow in it for a minute!) We've tried lots of different things including diapers, pull ups, big girl pan*ti*es and various combinations of the three, an Elmo Goes to the Potty DVD (courtesy of Aunt Lindsay), her own potty, a potty seat on the big potty, various rewards, a sticker chart (for which she lost a sticker every time she pee peed in her pants ... after a few times she was looking at me and telling me with joy in her voice to take a sticker away), making her stay in her wet pants, reasoning with her, talking to her, taking her on a schedule, and none of it is working. None of it, I tell you! I'm losing the war right now. Big time.


5. We are going to Anderson this weekend! So excited! Lunch with a special couple today, dinner with our group of best friends tonight, some shopping tomorrow, a special little girl's 4th birthday party, and catching up with friends. Can't wait!

5 comments:

meetthesmiths said...

Don't worry - I'm a die-hard HSM fan and didn't love it the first time I saw it, either. You still have HSM2 and HSM3 to watch, so don't make any rash decisions yet. And, now that you respect (*cough*) Zac Efron so much and his acting abilities, you really need to come over and watch Hairspray with me!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend! I sure miss you!!!

Amber said...

Yay! I will be at the special little girls birthday party tomorrow! :) I cant WAIT to see yall!!! :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Ok...I will let the Jonas brothers comment slide!!! I love the Jonas Brothers!!! And I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!! I'm so proud of u!!! Zac Efron is my boyfriend!!! :) Just kidding!!! I really wish he was though!!! See you tommorow!! We HAVE to take a new picture!!! I Love you!!!

Erin said...

We love Chuck too! :) Have you heard of the book "On Becoming Pottywise"? Several of my friends have used it with good results. Good luck!