Aug 5, 2008

Moving "Help"

Have you ever tried packing up a house with a two year old who wants to "help?" It's crunch time for us since the movers are coming Thursday, and this is the first break from packing I have taken all day. My well-intentioned daughter has wanted to help mommy pack all day long. After a fiasco in which she almost broke almost half of my picture frames, I decided to set her up with some packing supplies and a job. I gave her a box, a sheet of bubble wrap, and her bath toys, and she went to work. She looked pretty cute packing up her bath toys. So cute I had to take pictures.




Satisfied that I had her occupied, I went back to the kitchen to pack. After a few minutes, I realized it had been a little too quiet for a little too long. I went back into the den to find she had discovered the jumbo Sharpie and had labeled several things in the room including herself. I was horrified. So horrified I had to take pictures.


She had also marked on the carpet, which thank goodness came up with carpet cleaner (the buyers would have loved seeing that on the final walk-through!). There was also a bath toy that was marked beyond recognition, so the pink bunny will unfortunately no longer be making the move with us in a few days. We'll miss him.

6 comments:

The Cassidys said...

you are hilarious! did ya'll find a house in lancaster yet? i'd love to visit you when you are settled!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
AWWW...it was bound to happen sooner or later!!! I just Can't wait to see you tommarow!!! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

The joys of moving... Thankfully we have not had to move since Lexi was a baby. I can't imagine when we do though..with 4 little ones it will be crazy. Good Luck! I hope you love your new home and get settled quickly.

Danielle said...

Life is always an adventure with a two year old. Our lives must have been so boring before.

Alison said...

Too cute! Happy to know the bath toys will make it safely to Lancaster! So glad that the sharpie came out of the carpet and that she didn't write on the wall instead! :)

meetthesmiths said...

I was just reading this at my desk and laughed out loud. That is too funny!!