Jul 31, 2008

Saying Goodbye

This past weekend was very special to us. It was our goodbye weekend to many of our friends and "family" in Anderson. We started on Saturday night with a going away get-together our friends Thomas and Stephanie and Jeff and Sarah Ellen held for us. We had a cookout and spent the night playing Rock Band, which my husband is now totally addicted to! It was a great time of just being together, laughing, and having fun. (Sorry about the funky spacing on this post ... sometimes, it's just not worth it to fight with Blogger!)

Jeff & Thomas - our grill masters for the night

Jason playing bass


The boy band



Chicks rockin' out!




My face every time I messed up - you saw this a lot!




Stephanie after she accidentally whacked me with the drumstick!


Amber was incredible on the Bon Jovi song!



Amber & Camryn watching the action




Camryn played the drums with a little help from Daddy




Sunday, our last day at Covenant, we said goodbye to the awesome people at our church. We had well over 70 people singing in the choir, Jason and the choir got a standing ovation, the worship choir, praise band, and praise team presented him with a plaque for his service to the music program, the church gave him a monetary gift, and a reception was held in our honor. I don't think I stopped crying all day. We LOVE the people at Covenant and are so blessed to have had them in our lives for the past 7 years!


Our college "kids" who we just adore!
Sunday morning worship at Covenant





Jason's going away present from the Austins




Oreos on the windshield - nice touch ... and soooo hard to clean off!




Sunday evening presentation and reception. I think some people are more sad to see Camryn go than anyone - she really raked in the going away gifts that night!

2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I am so glad that we were able to spend this week together. It makes you moving just seem like you are going on longer vacations that will be interrupted by weekend visits to Anderson and Lancaster. We love you guys so much! You will never know how much you mean to us!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
O my stars...this is really happining. I don't want to say goodbye, so I won't I will just call you to say Hey and whats up! I love you guys so much!
Love Always,
Emily Hamwardsleyson!!!