Jul 3, 2008

Sick Day

My poor little one had a sick day today. This morning I took her to the grocery store with me. All was well until she started complaining about halfway through that her tummy hurt. I could tell by the look on her face she was telling the truth. We still had a little more shopping to accomplish, and she complained on and off through the rest of the trip that her tummy hurt. She fell asleep on the way home and then wanted to sit in daddy's lap once we got there. I made her a little palate on the floor, and she was happy to lay there and watch TV until lunchtime. You can see from the picture even Gracie felt sorry for her.


After a nap, she seemed to be a little better. We had a dinner date with Jeff and Sarah Ellen, which we felt like it would be OK to keep. We needed to run some errands before meeting up with them, so we headed to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. As I was walking through the store, Jason was walking behind me holding Camryn. Because she was whining about something getting out of the car, I had just gotten out of my mouth, "She must not feel very well." Then I heard Jason say, "Oh gosh!" I turned around and Camryn had thrown up all in the middle of the store. She proceeded to throw up a few more times, and Jason and I just stood there looking at each other. We finally snapped back into action and got somebody to come clean up while we headed to the bathrooms. I had to strip Camryn down to her diaper to carry her out of the store because her clothes were just covered. So, of course, the dinner date with Jeff and SE got quickly canceled. Ever since we've been home, though, she's been running around, jumping on the couch, and singing, so I'm pretty sure she feels better. I think she just needed to get whatever it was bothering her off her tummy for her to be OK again. Hopefully, the rest of the night will go well!

0 comments: