Aug 30, 2008

Friday Five A Day Late . . .


Here are five things the Burleys have been up to lately:


1) I have been sooooo sick. This past week has been just yucky, yucky, yucky, but I am finally feeling better. My sweet in-laws felt so sorry for me and Jason (for having to run the show while I was sick) that they took Camryn for the weekend so we could both recoup. Usually, I welcome the break when she is away for a couple of days but I MISS her this time! Our little apartment is not the same without her running around here!


2) House hunting. We are still reaching a dead end with that. Nothing new on the market that we are interested in, and we've even taken a second look at some of the houses we decided weren't for us. However, in the end, we know we would just be settling, so we are continuing to wait. And, we are continuing to be patient and thankful for all we have while we search.


3) I think we're both getting into a groove with our jobs. Jason still feels a little overwhelmed at times but is doing great. Now that school has started up, I am right in the thick of everything that's going on. When Jason called to ask how my day was last week, I said, "Great! I actually had the typical day of a school psychologist today!"


4) We have really enjoyed being closer to family. Two weeks ago, I went to visit my mom for the day. Last Friday I went to my sister's for the day, went back on Sunday to visit for a while and then went to dinner with some friends from church while she and Justin watched Camryn for us. Last night, Jason got to hang out late at his parents' house while he dropped off Camryn and then make it back home in just an hour or so. Sunday, we'll go back to get Cam and get to spend more time just hanging out. It's so nice to be closer!


5) College football!!! It's back, the Gamecocks won big Thursday night, and there have been games on our TV all day long. We're a happy family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Glad yall are feeling better, and your jobs are going so well. I am so happy that it's football season...the Jackets won last night 20-7,they won agianst Westside!!! 13 days and we are Reunited.

TCW said...

I am glad that you got some time to recoop. I am also glad you guys are closer to family. We will keep the house hunt in our prayers.

tug-tugandnor-nor's mommy said...

And Clemson lost in a big way!!! This makes us very happy.

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Big yay for college football! We don't seem to care who is playing at our house, we will watch anyone!