Aug 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday I was pretty down in the dumps. It was my first day at my new job, I was feeling lonely and lost, I was missing my friends, missing Anderson, etc. I went to church last night and kind of got thrown into this Ladies Bible Study (funny how God puts you right where you need to be just at the right time). The study last night was on Psalm 37:4 which says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." We had some really good discussion about this verse, but what I really took away from it was when the leader of the Bible study said even when you're having a bad day or feel like everything is going wrong, delight in the Lord! Just start praising and naming your blessings. I thought, "Wow. What a timely thing for her to say when I'm having such a down in the dumps day." So, I am listing some of the many, many things I am thankful for today!

~ My incredible husband
~ My wonderful daughter
~ Hugs and kisses from the two of them
~ A free place to live until our new house closes
~ A new house that we now have under contract! (Can't wait to post some pics of that, but you'll have to wait until we close on Sept 15!)
~ Friends who love me
~ A job that allows me to have Fridays off to spend with my family
~ Being closer to family (Saturday Cam and I are going to be able to hop in the car just to drive to visit my mom for the day)
~ Comfy, hangin' out clothes
~ Camryn's new daycare
~ The Will Goodman CD Sarah Ellen let me borrow (I promise I'll bring it back, SE!)
~ Kind, encouraging people at our new church
~ An old friend from graduate school who is now one of my coworkers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I love you!!! MUAH...a kiss from me to you!!! Love you all...tell Jason and Camryn I said hey!!!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Hey now, that CD was to be played while packing, not to be packed up. JK