Aug 22, 2008

No House

Today we, unfortunately, had to make the sad decision to back out of the contract on the house we had planned to buy. This decision was the result of the lady we chose to do our financing seriously misleading us about the type of loan she could give us. By the time she found out she could NOT do what she told us she could and raised the payment on our mortgage by $200 a month, we had to back out. We've been fighting this financing thing all week long and as Jason and I were discussing the situation and trying to make our final decision today, he made the point that this shouldn't be this hard. He felt like if it was this hard to make it work, it may not be the right thing. Of course, the rational side of me completely understands this and knows he is right, but the irrational side of me really just wants to be in a sulky, wallow-in-my-disappointment kind of mood. For me - and maybe I was putting too much emphasis on getting a house - finally getting into a house was going to bring some normalcy back to our lives. We were finally going to be able to get truly settled and into the swing of things. Now, I don't want anyone to think for one minute that we are not overwhelmingly grateful for the place we are staying right now. But, I miss my own bed. I miss my living room couch that I could curl up on and take Sunday afternoon naps on. I miss my own cooking utensils, baking sheets, casserole dishes. I miss my bathroom towels and my sheets. My baby misses her toys, misses her own room, misses her music, and all of the things she keeps remembering from our old house and asking for. I miss having a place to come home to every day that is mine. So, now, we are just waiting again ... and that frustrates me. I'm stuck right now between wanting so badly to make something happen but also wanting so badly to wait for the right time and the right situation to come along. I am struggling with being content with what I am blessed with right now, which has always been one of my downfalls. But, that whole subject is another post for another day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I know that buying a house can be very frustrating, but I will share with you the wisdom that others have shared wtih me: You always end up where you were meant to be. When we were buying a place in Virginia we put offers on a lot of houses and were dissapointed every time we didn't get the house we really thought we loved. It took a long time, but in the end we bought the perfect house that I still love, even though I don't live there any more. So don't give up hope! Your perfect house is out there waiting for you, and you just have to roll with the punches until you find it. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family to find your new home!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
It will be okay...don't be sad be glad!!!(like the glad commercials) All you need is time, and maybe you can just come live with me!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
It will be okay...don't be sad be glad!!!(like the glad commercials) All you need is time, and maybe you can just come live with me!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Burleys. That stinks. I hope you are able to find somewhere you love soon. We are stuck in a really bad market right now, so we will be keeping our house for a long time or losing lots of money. Good luck! I have a problem being patient myself. I prayed for patience and God gave me my middle daughter, lol. She's fab, but she is definitely teaching me patience.

Danielle said...

I totally understand what you are going through. We are dealing with the same thing. I feel your pain.