May 17, 2008

Our Saturday

I love it when I actually feel like I've accomplished something during the day. Today was one of those days. I started out the day at 6:15 with a walk around the neighborhood. It was freezing but still a good time for me to think, pray, and have some time to get my thoughts together. After Camryn got up and got involved in the Disney Channel, Jason headed out to play paintball with the youth for the day. I spent the morning in the kitchen making beef stroganoff to take to work for lunch this week. Then I got Camryn ready, and we went shopping for some much needed summer clothing for me. After that we headed to the farmer's market for some okra, apples, and oranges. Camryn was an absolute sweetheart all day and loved helping me at the farmer's market. She helped put the okra in the bag and then carried it while we picked out our fruit. After a quick lunch for her, she went down for a nap, and I had the quiet house to myself. I read or heard somewhere recently that moms so desperately want some "me time" but then fill it with things that don't fill us up - like vegging out in front of the TV, etc. While activities like that are OK sometimes, I've tried to keep that in mind when I actually have a few moments to myself. So, I made a sandwich and sat down with my new book and spent some time filling myself up with good things. I also put some chicken in the crockpot to start on this recipe which we will use for sandwiches and baked potatoes this week. I still had some time after I finished so I grabbed a quick nap myself. Camryn woke up, we did a few loads of laundry, reading with Camryn, quick trip to Wal-Mart, Jason came home, and we examined his war wounds - paintballing is vicious - and then grilled hamburgers for supper. I also boiled some of the okra we bought, which Camryn tried and decided she didn't like. At least she tried it! A little lounging around, bathtime for Cam, and all in all I'd say we've had a pretty productive day!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Sound like you guys had a fun day.

Heather:
Wow! You had a lucky Saturday!!!

Jason:
What did I tell you about getting hurt! (Just Joking :])

Em (Emily I didn't feel like writting my whole name although I just did)

P.S- You didn't say anything about the new Brazilian guy...that was a definate plus to my weekend and Sarah found her new love!!!