May 8, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

This is one of the first recipes I ever made when I started taking an interest in cooking in high school. I pulled the recipe out and made it this past week, and it was still good! When I made it, though, I used all low-fat and fat-free ingredients and it was very tasty (fat-free cheese, spray butter, Healthy Request soup, etc.) The real test was that both Camryn and Jason ate all of theirs, including the broccoli!

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
1 package frozen broccoli
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cooked chicken
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. melted margarine

Cook broccoli. Cut chicken into chunks. Blend mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, soup, and cheese. Place broccoli in casserole dish. Top with part of sauce, then add chicken, and the rest of the sauce. Top with bread crumbs and drizzle with melted margarine. You can also sprinkle extra cheese on top if you would like. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SE said...
Sounds yum-O! to quote one of your favorite Food Network ladies. I think we will try it this week.