Apr 15, 2008

Random Thoughts for a Tuesday

1) I have a serious case of spring fever. You know how when you were a student, you reached that point right before summer vacation where you just felt like you were done? Well, we still have almost 2 months left, and I'm already there.

2) Last week at this time, I was in Wilmington shopping and eating a yummy lunch at the Pilot House. (Insert big sigh here).

3) Last night we began a new bedtime for Camryn. Her bedtime has been 9:00 pm. I don't know when we started that or when we decided that was an acceptable bedtime for a 2 year old, but I've started to feel like that's really too late. I talked to a mom recently whose daughter is only a few months younger than Camryn, and she puts her little one to bed at 7:00 pm! We started an 8:30 bedtime last night .... which means she can no longer watch the Wonder Pets on Noggin before she goes to sleep, but the Backyardigans saved us.

4) I had an opportunity recently that I was excited about that now looks like it is going to fall through. I'm incredibly disappointed, but we had a very timely Bible study in our college group on Sunday about Abraham and his radical faith in God (even to the point of his willingness to sacrifice his son! Whoa! Really wrap your mind around that one and think about it for a minute!). I am trying to remember God knows the big picture and holds my future, so if opportunities fall through, He knows why and is still working things out for my good!

5) One of the girls in our college Sunday school class is studying abroad in Australia this semester. Our group decided to put a care package together for her. I took it to the post office this morning, and it cost $60 to ship that thing. I almost had a heart attack!

6) My friend, Kelli, and I have decided to attend a mom's group tonight at church that we haven't attended before. I KNOW I need this time with other mothers, but I am fighting with myself about going. I keep thinking, "Do I really need to commit to something else?" "Do I really need to keep Camryn out later on the SECOND night I am trying to start an earlier bedtime?" etc., etc., etc. I hate it when I fight with myself.

7) I read a post recently on a blog I read every now and then where the girl was considering making her blog private. It really made me start thinking. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where we live just based on the things I write about. Plus, based on the site meter, I know there are several people who visit the blog that I don't know, so it has just made me think. (By the way, if you read the blog and have never left a comment, it would be great to hear from you!)

8) Camryn used the word "actually" in the correct context last night. I almost died laughing at her. I'm proud she can do that, but when she looks at me and says, "Well, actually, Mommy ...." and then launches into a speech about her dolls, it cracks me up.

9) I have Gymbucks that I can't decide if I want to use or not! Isn't that crazy? Me not being able to shop at Gymboree? I sometimes think I keep that place in business. I've already given away about $50 dollars worth. If I decide not to use the rest, is anyone interested in having them?

10) I thought I had much more to say, but I guess that's it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can use the gymbucks on Jay!! :)

KLee said...

We put E to bed late too. Well, 8:30. But she doesn't get up until 7:30ish...new post coming soon on this one!
Shipping: I sent a $25 birthday gift to a friend in Asia and it cost me $75. Holy Cow! But you know your friend will be SO EXCITED to get it!! And that is what really matters!

Anonymous said...

SE said...
On privatizing the blog: I think that wouldn't be a bad idea...there are way too many crazies in the world.
about the Gymbucks: I will totally take them if you need to get rid of them!