May 30, 2010

Pregnancy Update: The Last Month

How far along: 36 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: 21 pounds

Maternity clothes: Getting a little sentimental about my maternity wardrobe. I like it better than my regular clothes. I'm gonna have to go on a shopping spree for some better non-pregnant clothes after Ella gets here!

Sleep: I've been doing better lately. I still get sore hips during the middle of the night, but I feel like I'm sleeping much better overall.

Highlight of the week: Getting our crib bedding! I picked the bedding out about a month after we found out we were pregnant. When we finally got around to ordering it, it was listed as backordered until May 29. The day after I placed the order, the website then listed it as backordered until June 29. So, we were really excited to finally have it in our possession.

Meltdown of the week: None! :) I've felt great lately. I think it's because we've slowed down, and I've had opportunities to really relax and get some things done around the house. We've both been nesting like crazy. So, no meltdowns recently - just happiness!

What people are saying: The question I hear most often is "How much longer do you have?" After I tell them the due date I hear, "Oh, that's not too much longer! I know you're ready!" My immediate reaction has been, "Oh yeah, I am!" but I've tried to stop myself from giving that automatic answer, because it's not really true. I AM ready for her to get here, because I want to see her and hold her. But, I'm not miserable or to the point where I'm "done" being pregnant. If this is really our last baby, I want to enjoy this last month of being pregnant and not wish it away.

Movement: She's moving away as usual! Her movements aren't as big lately, but I know it's because she's running out of room in there!

Cravings: Coke. Ooooo ... I know. Bad, bad, bad. I've tried so hard to drink it in moderation, but I'm struggling now.

Labor signs: Feeling some not so pleasant pains every now and again.

What I miss: I really can't think of anything I miss enough to complain about right now. The only thing that came to mind was cake batter. Cam and I made cupcakes Friday night, and I was sad because I couldn't lick the spoon! :)

What I am loving: That I get to see my sweet baby's face very soon! I'm convinced she's going to look like Camryn, so I'm ready to see if I'm right. I'm also loving that I've felt so great lately. I love that we had our amazing shower and now have everything we need for Ella's arrival. There's just a lot to love lately!

What I am not loving: That my pregnancy is almost over. It really makes me sad. And, while we have made lots of headway on the nursery, it's still not 100% complete. We need curtains, we need lampshades, we'd like to have a rug, the shelf we're having made won't be ready for a couple of weeks. But, all in all, the basics are there, and it's not a requirement that we have lampshades in order for her to be born.

What I am looking forward to: Our doctor's appointment this week - just to see if I've made any progress

What I'm not looking forward to: The uncertainty of the last month. The fact that I could go into labor at any time. The fact that the hospital is not right around the corner like it was when we had Camryn. The fact that going into labor naturally (my water breaking, etc.) would be a whole new experience since I was induced last time, and I don't feel prepared for that. The fact that I'm not 100% sure what the situation will be with Camryn when Ella decides to make her debut. We have plenty of people we know we can call on day or night to come stay with Camryn if/when I go in to labor. It would just be nice to have a definite plan already in place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma B
I'm glad your bedding is now "in house." I know that's a relief.

We can be at your house in 80 minutes (or less!) whenever you need us.

Love you! Can't wait to meet little Ella.

w and js mommy said...

I WANT pics...of you and the nursery!

you sound alot like me with Jay...I was ready to meet him but I was not ready to give my mommy and baby time up. I loved that it was just me and him for a while.
Can't wait to meet Ella