May 1, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 32 weeks

How far along? 32 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain: I honestly have no idea. My doctor doesn't really give me an update each visit on my total weight gain. She just says I'm doing well, so that works for me.

Maternity clothes? Glad the warmer weather is here so I can start wearing new stuff. I was tired of my winter maternity wardrobe. I'm also realizing that the time I have left to wear comfy maternity pants is growing shorter. *Sniff!*

Sleep: It's just not good at this point. My right hand is either bothering me from my pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel or my hips are hurting. Plus, most nights I'm shoving Jason out of bed so I have room to flip and flop around until I get comfortable. Sad, I know.

Highlight of the week: Took my last roadtrip this weekend, because the doctor said to limit the traveling starting in May. When Camryn and I came home, Jason kissed me hello and put his hands on my stomach and said hello to the baby. She gave him a nice hello kick ... she knows her daddy's voice :)

Meltdown of the week: If you look at me funny or even begin to raise your voice at me, I'm gonna cry. Also, got soooooo sick of hearing people comment on my belly last week. It seemed every time I turned around, someone different had something to say. People would ask how much longer I have and when I said, "2 months" they would look me up and down and say, "Reeeeallly?!?" Also loved the lady who looked at me, raised her eyebrow, and said "Just one?" I wanted to kick her, but since she was a student's parent, I probably would have lost my job.

What people are saying: I think I just covered that above. I do have some sweet people who are telling me I'm glowing. Jason has stopped just short of calling me a crazy person on some occasions, but I can't say that I blame him sometimes.

Movement: Instead of kicks and jabs, I'm feeling more little body parts that make their way across my belly. I also made out an elbow or knee pressing against me last night. Love it!

Cravings: Not really craving anything in particular. Heartburn is in full swing, so that makes meals a little less appetizing. At my last appointment, my doctor said my iron was low, so I'm now taking iron pills. I can't say I'm exactly craving it, but I am trying to add a little more red meat to my diet.

Labor Signs: Feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then.

What I miss: Sleep, of course. Especially sleeping on my back! I also miss being able to make it through an entire day without feeling like I'm gonna crash halfway through.

What I am loving: That this baby FINALLY has a name! For those of you we haven't already told personally, our second little one is going to be Ella Claire Burley. No, we haven't completely decided if she will be Ella or Ella Claire. We just figure we'll go with whatever sticks once she's here. We mostly just refer to her as Ella right now. Or EC whenever I'm referring to her in text.

What I am not loving: That I only have 8 WEEKS left to prepare for her arrival. And, that work is so hectic right now that it's draining me.

What I am looking forward to: Holding our precious little Ella in my arms soon! And a shower we have coming up in two weeks! Fun times!

What I am not looking forward to: Labor!

4 comments:

Ansley said...

Hi! Love, Love, Love Her name!!! I feel your pain on the whole sleeping stuff and crashing before the day is even half way over - I hope these next 8 weeks go by quickly and smoothly for all of you!!! ~ Ansley

Anonymous said...

I think I will call ner "Eclaire" because I know she will be so sweet.

Grandma Burley

Mary Ann said...

What a beautiful name! I love it and can't wait to meet her in a few weeks. You better leave her with me in the nursery! I can be her special nanny during Sunday School. I promise not to put her down!!! ;0)

meetthesmiths said...

I can't wait to meet little Ella Claire! Oh, remind me and I'll give you my wrist brace to wear at night. I had bad problems with my hands and wrists falling asleep and the brace was the best - it's comfortable too!