Jun 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! Our weekend started Thursday night with a Columbia Blowfish game with Jason's family. This was Camryn's first baseball game, and she thought it was the best! Friday morning, while Camryn and I headed home for a girls' weekend, Jason traveled down to Charleston to hang out and watch baseball with his college roommate, Jordan, at the SoCon Baseball Tournament. While Daddy was away, Cam and I went out for Mexican food, made cupcakes, watched a Tinkerbell movie, did some shopping, and went out for Camryn's first sno cone.


Even though we had a great time together, we were still excited to have Daddy back home on Saturday. Sunday, after church, we had a great lunch with our friend, Joya, then spent the rest of the day being lazy. On Monday, we were so productive! We priced everything for our yard sale this coming Saturday, put all of the baby seats, mirrors, etc., in our cars, packed my bag for the hospital, did laundry, and grilled out steaks for supper. I also added to my freezer stash this weekend. I made extra blueberry muffins (just because I'm addicted), made two meals' worth of BBQ chicken, and marinated two kinds of chicken that Jason grilled up with the steaks. I also made a broccoli and chicken casserole which I divided into two meals by baking it like this:



You just pull out each individual section, wrap it up, and freeze! Jason made me post a picture of it, because he walked into the kitchen and was so impressed I cooked and divided it like this, he told me I was a genius. I told him he was silly, because people do stuff like this all the time, and I got the idea off the internet anyway. I think I'll take genius for the day, though!

1 comments:

w and js mommy said...

she looks so grown up in that picture I like her PAID sticker on her shirt! HA
proud of you and your great food stash after sweet ELLA gets here