May 17, 2009

The Weekend

We went to Anderson this weekend to spend time with friends. We missed them, and they missed us, and we were a little overdue for a visit. I didn't take a single picture. As a matter of fact, I didn't even take my camera. And, I didn't need to, because sometimes, it's enough just to hang out with people who know you well enough to have break and bake cookies and a gallon of milk waiting on you in the fridge. It's enough just to sit around until 2:30 in the morning talking about life, family, kids, and reminiscing about the history you have together. It's good enough just to be with people who let you sit around their house with morning breath watching HGTV all morning, people who cook you steak and make ice cream cakes for your lunch, and people who skip the paper they should be writing that day just to hang out with you. It's good enough just to be with people who let you invade their house for 4 hours and change their dinner plans, all because they know how much you love Papa John's. I sure do love those people. It was good to be home for the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I'm glad yall came!!! I love hanging out with yall!!! And papa john's was wonderful for supper!!! (it kept yall here longer) lol!!! I LOVE YALL!!!

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

meetthesmiths said...

Sounds like fun! I'm sad that we don't get to go to Anderson anymore!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Couldn't have said it better myself!