May 20, 2009

Our New Friend

I think everyone hopes their home is viewed as warm, welcoming, and inviting. Apparently, I've been so successful at this, even the birds want to join us inside!



This is our new little cardinal friend who has spent every morning since Sunday flying back and forth between our front door and the windows in our kitchen trying to peck his way in through the glass. We're not really sure what it is he thinks he's doing, but every morning, he's there trying to make his way in. He starts off at the kitchen windows, but then flies away when I turn on the lights. After that, he makes his way to the front door. I've tried scaring him away, because, really, he's going to kill himself eventually. But, he's persistent. Jason suggested letting him in since he apparently wants to be a part of the family so badly. So far, I'm declining that suggestion!

4 comments:

meetthesmiths said...

He's so pretty!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I think your new friend is pretty... you should name him. Oh and I love the new background!!!

The McConnell Clan said...

I say name him....(in a singing voice) REEEEEDDD ROBIN! Yes Jason before you even say it I know it's not a robin!:)

Mary Ann said...

Too cute! Love your new blog look too!