May 7, 2009

More Couponing Adventures

Finally! Some decent deals to brag about! I feel like the deals have been pretty slow the past few weeks, and that I've spent more than I should have on the "deals" I did get. But, this week I finally hit the jackpot. Here's what I got:



First, I went to Bi-Lo. Nothing I really HAD to have, but the BOGO deals were good enough to get me there. I won't bore you with each and every coupon I used, but my total before coupons was $41.40. With my Bonus Card and coupons, my savings were $35.12. Total paid: $6.80. That's a savings of 85%! Because Bi-Lo doubles coupons, the Vitamin Water, BBQ sauce, spaghetti, and taco seasoning were all FREE!



On to CVS:

I got all of the above for a grand total of $8.36!

My overall savings: $69.49


I also walked away with $8 in Extra Care Bucks for next week! In the couponing world, that equals a completely FREE purchase because I ended up with as much money ($8 ECBs) as I spent altogether ($8.36) ... minus $0.36! Even if you don't look at it that way, let's face it - you couldn't go to most grocery stores and pay $8.36 for 3 Diet Coke 12 packs alone, and I walked away with everything pictured above for that price! If you're dying to know how I did it, I can tell you coupon by coupon. However, I wanted you to actually finish the post before you died of boredom!

7 comments:

The Cassidys said...

awesome girl! i'm planning on heading to CVS today to get the Coke deal - $10ECB WYB $20. THey are $4 for a 12 pack (i think) and I have a $1 C printable so that ends up being $1 a case, after I get my $10 ECB! You can't beat that! since you like diet coke, check it out!

Mary Ann said...

Ok.... You have me wanting to get my butt in gear to start the major couponing fad! I do some already but nothing to match you! Let me know if there are any great pullup
coupons!!! Lilee is still not there with the potty training!

Danielle said...

Great deals!! However did you get more cough drops? You are going to be giving those things away as Halloween candy.

The Burleys said...

Ha ha! Believe it or not, the cough drops have been going faster than Halloween candy around here lately! Jason has had sinus junk going on, so he's been happy that I stocked up!

The SC Denneys said...

I want to know where do you get your coupons.

The Burleys said...

I buy 4 Charlotte Observers per week, so I have 4 of each coupon - especially helpful when there are BOGO sales. Additionally, I check a couple of good couponing websites each day that provide links for printable coupons. They also give you information on the best deals stores are currently running. My favorites are www.southernsavers.com and www.hip2save.blogspot.com

Coupons.com is a great online source for coupons as well.

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Could I just pay you to do it for me??