May 8, 2009

Friday Night Ramblings

It's Friday night, and I have nothing better to do than blog. How sad. Actually, we did have a nice evening. Jason and Camryn took me to the Cheesecake Factory for an early Mother's Day dinner, and then we went shopping at Target. But now, Jason's already snoozing on the couch, and there's nothing good on TV, so I'm killing some time by rambling on here.

I decided, in the interest of full disclosure, that I would let you know I spent $90 on groceries today (after coupons) between trips to Bi-Lo and Wal-Mart. I'm doing my best to wait until things are on sale to stockpile them, but once the list of necessities gets long enough, I have to bite the bullet and just buy what we need. When the 3 year old princess of the house needs her Dora yogurt, she needs it right then! So, see ... I can't be a couponing genius all the time!

Camryn informed me while we were riding in the car the other day that she will be ready to get married when she is 5. I told her she should probably shoot for a little older. Then she decided 10 would be good. I suggested 25, at least, and she went for that. Tonight at dinner, she started making the list of people she could marry, one of which included her cousin, Caleb. Jason's response was, "Sorry, honey, we're not from Alabama, and besides, he's your cousin." Her final decision was that she would just stay with us forever, which Jason told her was just fine.

Camryn has a 3 year old appointment with a new pediatrician Friday. I've been dreading this since we moved. We had a fabulous pediatrics office in Anderson, and it's going to be hard to switch to someone new. I've found out pretty quickly all pediatrics offices are not created equally!

My house is a wreck. We had a long week before vacation, vacation, and then played catch-up after vacation, so housework has kind of gone by the wayside. It's bad, y'all.

We're going to Anderson next week. Super excited, because it's been a while since we've visited. I have to say even though I'll be happy to see everyone, we have one thing planned that is making the whole trip worthwhile ... El Patron. Man, oh man, has it been too long!

Does anybody else out there watch Chuck? We've been waiting in suspense for the last 2 weeks to see if it will be renewed for a third season. We're such dorks, we keep checking websites for any updates we can find. We're addicted and will have horrible withdrawals if it's not renewed. Plus, there are so many questions that are yet to be answered!

So, I guess that's all I can think of. I'm done killing time, and I'm headed to bed. Jason's getting up with Camryn tomorrow morning so I can sleep in since Sunday is not an option due to church. It's kind of a trade off, though, because although I get to sleep in, he gets two wonderful, glorious hours all to himself while Camryn and I go to a women's and girls' luncheon at church.

So, that's all! Good night!

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like you had a great mothers day! Mmmm I like the Cheesecake Factory! What is your favorite thing to eat there? Food wise....