Sep 14, 2008

Our Busy Weekend

We had a BUSY but FUN weekend! We took our first trip back to Anderson which we have been looking forward to for over a month! It was a whirlwind weekend trying to make it around to see everyone, but it was well worth it. We spent Friday evening at the Hammetts' house swimming and eating pizza. We stayed at the Edwards' house and woke up Saturday morning to a huge breakfast Sarah Ellen made for us. It was better than being at a B&B! After some shopping for the girls and golf for the guys on Saturday morning, we headed over to Allen & Kelli's to meet sweet baby Eli. I could have held him for days! He is precious! On the way back home, we made a quick trip to visit Beth and see Jay who is growing up way too fast!

Sunday morning, Jason had to preach in both services. Our pastor is on a 4 week sabbatical, and Jason was the first person to fill in. He spoke on worship and did a GREAT job! I was so proud of him. Tonight we had a worship service at Andrew Jackson State Park (or steak park as Camryn calls it). We had an inflatable, a hot dog supper, singing, and a comedian. It was a lot of fun, but we are glad now to be sitting at home just relaxing after our busy weekend! So, on with the pictures . . .

Pool time at the Hammetts'




Jason & Jeff doing their version of interpretive movement
Meeting baby Eli

The Alyssa & Camryn show
Birthday loot from my awesome friends

AJ Park

4 comments:

Alison said...

I was definitely reading too fast and thought that your blog said you had an "inflatable hot dog supper!" haha Wouldn't that have made for an exciting blog?! I'm glad that you guys had such a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for taking time to see us! We love you guys so much and are excited when we get even 5 mins to share our lives with you! Glad the game was on for Burley to watch! I love that our kids can grow up together!

Anonymous said...

Emily said...
I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday weekend!!! Glad you liked you present, and I just love the pictures! You need to email them to me so that I can print som of!!! I love you so much!!! Emily

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Ah! I was so trying to get my pictures of the weekend up before you and be a good blogger, but this stinkin' blog is just not working with me! I do so love your pictures and I am so so glad that we got to see you all and love on you!