Sep 10, 2008

29 Things I Know About Myself At 29

I saw this on another blog about a year ago and have been waiting the whole year to steal the idea. So, here it is - on my 29th birthday, here are 29 things I know about myself:



1. There is nothing more I want in this life than to be a great wife and mother. I love my husband and my baby with all my heart. My husband is awesome and deserves to have the best wife, and the greatest legacy I will leave after I'm gone is my child. These "jobs" can be hard and frustrating at times, but I know they are well worth the work I put into them.

2. I am a child of God. I'm in awe when I look back over my life and see the many ways God has blessed me and how I have grown in my walk with Him.

3. I have some wonderful friends who mean the world to me, and my life would not be as full and happy without them. Friendships are some of the most important relationships I have.

4. I prefer Coke over Pepsi, hands down.

5. If pizza and cheesecake were the only two foods I ate for the rest of my life, I would be a happy girl.

6. I am one of the most indecisive people you will ever meet. I require multiple opinions and points of view before I can make a decision on the most simple of things.

7. I have a hard time asking for help.

8. I have a need for speed ... and the speeding tickets to prove it. I am much more careful when I have my daughter in the car but there is just something in me that likes to push the speed limit. I think maybe the "something" is impatience, because I want to just get where I'm going.

9. I have a really hard time being satisfied with myself and my looks. I've spent my life comparing myself to other people and very few times feel completely at ease with the way I look. Maybe just a girl thing, maybe just a me thing, but, I know, not a good thing nevertheless.

10. I detest being lied to.

11. I look at everything with a psychologist's mind. I analyze and overanalyze everything.

12. I am a good cook and love to cook/bake for other people and play hostess. It makes me happy when other people enjoy the things I have made or want to make them for themselves.

13. I am a writer. In high school, I loved English and disliked math. I think that's why this blog is such an addiction for me. It's a great outlet for the writer inside of me.

14. I love music and have to have it in my life.

15. I am a crier. I cry when something sappy comes on TV, I cry when Camryn does something cute, I cry when someone does something nice for me. I used to not be like this!

16. I am stubborn.

17. I'm old enough to be considered uncool now. I don't know all of the Jonas brothers' names, I probably couldn't name one song they currently play on Top 40 stations, current clothing styles are beyond me (and my body type!), and I have no idea how to text with T9. Don't worry, though ... I'm OK with it.

18. I want to have another child one day (No, this is not an announcement - just something I know. Sorry, Jason, I know that makes you break out in a cold sweat!)

19. I appreciate orderliness and lack of clutter. Of course, there are days when my house is just a mess, but if I let it stay like that too long, it drives me crazy.

20. I am a germaphobe. Don't worry, I'm OK with that, too. :)

21. I know nothing about gardening or sewing.

22. I am not a very open person. I have lots of people who I consider friends but very few who know the true details of my life. I'm not very forthcoming with information about my feelings, my family, personal information, etc., unless I really trust you and feel like you're pretty invested in me.

23. I have learned to take things as they come. I think I have learned to realize that sometimes life is just going to be life and you will have a flat tire, you'll have to pay the doctor bill, one of your major appliances will break down, etc. I've come to realize that things have a way of taking care of themselves (i.e., God has a way of taking care of us!). This wasn't always my personality, so the fact that I've learned this surprises even me!


24. I am a pretty strong girl. I've had a lot of things come my way over the last few years. As I was thinking of everything the other day, I realized I've handled them pretty well.


25. I am not good with small talk. My brain just shuts off when I meet new people and have to make conversation. I usually can't even think of anything witty to say about the weather.


26. Vacations with my family make me happy.


27. I am a planner. I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl.


28. Shopping is one of my favorite hobbies.


29. I am NOT looking forward to making next year's list! 30 ... ouch!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! We have several things in common still today, so many years after AC. I totally agree with the coke one. Pepsi is blech! The germaphobe will become harder as you have another kid, lol. My standards of cleanliness and acceptance of germs have surprised even me now, lol. Happy Birthday again!!

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Heather I hope you have a great Birthday!!

meetthesmiths said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm so glad that you're my sister - you're my absolute best friend in the whole world and I don't know what I'd do without you!! I LOVE YOU!

KLee said...

Happy Birthday!
We have so much in common!! Thanks for letting all the lurkers learn more about you!

Alison said...

30. You are loved by tons of people, including me! Happy Birthday, Heather. Love you!

The Cassidys said...

wow i have really enjoyed reading this - i've learned a few things about you and I'M SO SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY! i'm a horrible friend! happy bday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I've read this and feel like I know more about you now than in the 5 years I have actually known you! haha! Hope it's a good one and also hope ya'll are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
Happy Day Late Birthday!!! Can't wait till tommarow!!! Love you!!