Oct 10, 2007

God is Good!

Can I just tell you how sorry I have felt for myself today? Camryn has something going on where she has had diarrhea for the past month, and we can’t figure out what is causing it. On top of that she is going through a fussy/whiny phase that is very trying. Jason and I both have stresses at work right now that are bringing us down. I have a staph infection I’ve been fighting since June that I just can’t seem to shake. Plus, I had a late meeting today which put me getting home much later than usual, and I just hate for extra time to be taken away from my family like that. I told a friend that I just feel like we have this dark cloud over our house right now. So, the last thing I felt like doing tonight was going to choir practice. But, I missed last week because Camryn wasn’t feeling 100%, and when your husband is the music minister, missing two weeks in a row is a sin!

We got started and the first song we sang had these verses: And I’ll say of the Lord, You are my Shield, my Strength, my Fortress, Deliverer, My Shelter, Strong Tower, My Very Present Help in time of need. Man! As I sang those words, I thought to myself, “All of the bad things I have going on are nothing that God can’t handle! He is my Shield, Strength, Strong Tower, Very Present Help.” Then we moved on to the next song which said this: There is a Fountain, who is a King, Victorious Warrior, and Lord of Everything. My Rock, my Shelter, my Very Own, Blessed Redeemer, who reigns upon the throne. By this time, I had tears in my eyes and just had to close my eyes and worship as I sang. I have a Lord of Everything who knows all about Cam’s crazy poopy diapers, knows why they’re happening, and will take care of her. My Strength, Strong Tower, Very Present Help knows all about our work stresses and is willing to help us handle them all. My Rock and my Shelter knows about all my other worries and spoke to me through those songs to let me know He is always there and will always supply everything we need. God is so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an anwer to prayer for me....I love you and send you a {{HUG}}! Sometimes LIFE tries to get into what GOD is doing......HE is our ROCK! Love you

Adriennealine said...

That's one of my favorite songs. Brings me to tears every time.