Oct 8, 2007

Bad Service

I hate it when I get bad service! A few Fridays ago, Jason, Camryn, and I went to Olive Garden because we love it when they have the Never-Ending Pasta Bowl special. We get to try lots of different kinds of sauces and always have plenty to take home. We’ve been two or three other times when they’ve had this special going on and have never had any trouble taking home our leftovers. This past time, we each ordered our first bowl. I ate about half of it and asked for a box. The server gave me a look and said, “Ok, but that’s the only one you can take home.” So, I got the box and ordered a different kind. Jason really liked the first one he got and ate the whole thing. When he ordered his next one he only ate about half and asked for a box. The server informed him that he couldn’t take that one home because you were only allowed to take home leftovers from your first bowl. He was annoyed, but we just gave each other a “whatever!” look and said OK. When the bill came, Jason looked at it and noticed she had charged us for a for a kid’s soft drink even though we had ordered Camryn a kids water. He was told that that’s just how they do it. If we had ordered food for Camryn, the drink would have been free. But, because we only ordered her a drink, even though it was water, we had to pay for a soft drink. I had already gone out to the car because Cam had a really bad diaper that needed to be changed. Jason is much nicer than I am and was just ready to get out of there because he was so mad and paid for it. I ranted the whole way home about how ridiculous that was and then got on the OG website once we got home to complain. I’ve since received a gift card, have been informed you can take home ANY leftovers you have, and had a manager tell me that Olive Garden isn’t hurting for money so badly that they have to charge for a kids water!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should take that letter with you the next time you go to Olive Garden - and GOOD FOR YOU for complaining :)

Michelle said...

Andy would have been really hot over all of that! Good for you on complaining to the website...I'm glad they tried to make things right!