Jun 29, 2009

Fun Weekend With Friends

We had one of the most fun weekends! Our friends Jeff, Sarah Ellen, Stacy, and Emily came to visit, and we were all three just giddy to have them with us for the entire weekend! We love the four of them, and they're the kind of friends that you don't have to do anything special with, but you just enjoy sitting around and being in each other's company. On to the pictures!

Friday night we had breakfast for supper - pancakes, sausage, and grits - and then played Scattergories for the rest of the evening. And, we stayed up past midnight talking ... well, some of us, anyway! :)


The Scattergories champion

The Scattergories non-champions!

Silly girls

The last time the four of them came to visit for the day, we tried to take them to the Cheesecake Factory for supper around 6 pm on a Saturday night. Yeah, I know ... what we were thinking!? Because of the wait that night, we ended up eating at the mall food court. We had to make it up to them, so we left for the Cheesecake Factory at 10:30 am Saturday morning!

My pretty girls ... Stacy, Em, and SE!

Group shot

Sweet smiles

Family pic

Cheesecake!!!
These two cannot resist a puzzle. Even when it's a butterfly puzzle in the pink, frilly, little girls' section of Pottery Barn Kids!

Girl time ... looking at wedding pictures

And, of course ... there was Rock Band. Camryn was boogieing down in the front.

Camryn and her Emily

Chick band

We played and played ....

until we were silly....

and even a little loopy!

We got to take the four of them to church with us on Sunday to show them off and, as usual, tried to convince them of how much happier and fuller their lives would be if they would just move here with us. After church, we stuffed ourselves at the Chinese buffet and then attempted to do a little coupon training, although that ended up being a disaster due to a rude manager at Rite Aid. And as always, because we hate to see them go, we think of different ways to stall when they're trying to leave. This time we let Camryn do our dirty work for us and bar the door. It wasn't a pretty sight ...

Thanks, guys, for such a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great weekend was had by all!!! Love the pictures!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Em Said...
I loved being with all of yall this weekend. I loved playing with my Camryn!! I loved all the pictures, all though the one of Camryn and I is my FAVORITE!!! I can't wait to hang out with yall again, 2 more weeks! I LOVE YALL!!! (p.s. the above comment is my mom's)

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Soooo much fun! I love that Camryn is now in on the Sunday stalling. Cracks me up! We miss you and keep working on that Williamston-Lancaster move thing.

The McConnell Clan said...

Boo this makes me so sad!!! :( Wish we could have participated in the good times! I know yall had a blast and I just love all the pictures. One day we will stop being such horrible/busy friends and come up to see yall! Love ya bunches! PS. Of course Jason was Scatagories winner, would it be any other way?