Dec 18, 2008

Wrong Number

As long as we lived in our house in Anderson, we got phone calls for Clyde and Alice Wardlaw. Apparently, the Wardlaws had our old phone number at one time and had a lot of credit cards or bills or something. At least a couple of times a month, we would get calls for them and have to explain to the person on the other end of the phone that was no long their number. Of course, we always got the indignant, "Well, this is 864.261.****, isn't it?" We would say, "Yes, and apparently this used to be the Wardlaws' phone number but it isn't any longer." One of the things we laughed about when we moved was that we would no longer get phone calls for Clyde and Alice. Well, we have only been in our new house for a week and a half, and we have now "adopted" another family - the Truesdales. We've already gotten 2-3 calls for the Truesdales and have started the explaining yet again. The calls we got for Clyde and Alice made us laugh - the call I got for Ms. Truesdale at 5:30 am this morning made me want to use not so nice words. Ms. Truesdale has friends that rise a little too early and are a little too chipper for me before the sun comes up. I think I miss Clyde and Alice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those names are so familiar... I'm curious now to find out why...

Michelle said...

That's funny!! We get calls from older ladies looking for someone who's name I can't remember right now. Usually the funny part is that they just start right in talking after I say, "hello" and I have to interupt them to tell them sorry they have the wrong number! I feel so bad interupting them! Like I'm being rude to my elders!!

Michelle said...

Sorry I just have to apologize for my incorrect spelling of interrupt in my comment above!! :O)

Anonymous said...

well you know our problems with Roy and Eddie Caskey??? They followed up to our current house from the apartment. UGH..Haven't had any in a while..but we have receieved soem mail. OHHHHHHHHHH Roy and Eddie go away and visit the Ms Truesdale!

The Cassidys said...

that's hilaroius - we get calls for Nanny Adams, who apparently is african american. we've even gotten quite a few calls from some guy in jail who used his one phone call on mrs. adams who doesn't live there anymore! haha kinda sad!

The Cassidys said...

that's hilaroius - we get calls for Nanny Adams, who apparently is african american. we've even gotten quite a few calls from some guy in jail who used his one phone call on mrs. adams who doesn't live there anymore! haha kinda sad!

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
that's funny... i think i'm gonna call yall one day and ask to speak to the Truesdales...just kidding!!! But it would be a great idea though!!! I Love yall!!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Ha! We get mail from the Honda dealership for someone with a Hispanic-ish last name, but he doesn't live with us!

meetthesmiths said...

I used to get calls (NASTY CALLS) from creditors on my cell phone. Apparently the guy who had the number before owed a lot of money. They even threatened me one time and said that if I didn't pay (they still thought that I knew the guy), then they would cut the cable off. I told them to go ahead...it wasn't my cable!!